Who's In? Who's Out?

Moderator: SharksGM

Commish Bub(NYR)

Who's In? Who's Out?

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

With just over two weeks left in the regular season, it's time for a quick look at the teams battling it out for the post-season in both conferences. We'll look at the current standings, last ten games, the strength of each team's remaining schedule, their 2013-14 record against those opponents, and possible points based on current season and recent results.

EAST
8. Columbus -- [75 gp, 80 pts; last ten games: 2-7-1]
opp. winning pct: .507
record vs. opponents: 6-6-1
other factors: only one point in the last seven games; just dumped several veterans, including starting goalie Pekka Rinne; can the youngsters step up and hold off the Leafs? I'll say yes
projection: 7 pts, 87 overall, 8th place

9. Toronto -- [76 gp, 77 pts; last ten games: 2-6-2]
opp. winning pct: .587
record vs. opponents: 6-7-1
other factors: also has only two wins in the last ten, but they were the two most recent games; very tough remaining schedule, and closes with three road games; are they heating up enough just in time to save the season or has their cold play in March doomed them? I'll say close but no cigar
projection: 8 pts, 85 overall, 9th place

10. Detroit -- [74 gp, 75 pts; last ten games: 5-3-2]
opp. winning pct: .579
record vs. opponents: 5-10-2
other factors: the Wings were looking good two months ago, but 8 wins in their last 22 games took the shine off; a tough schedule against teams they've struggled with this season equals no post-season
projection: 6 pts, 81 overall, 10th place

WEST
6. Anaheim -- [74 gp, 80 pts; last ten games: 6-2-2]
opp. winning pct: .523
record vs. opponents: 11-6-3
other factors: playing quite well despite the loss of Zetterberg; a streaky team, with points in eight of the last ten games, but coming off two straight losses; will their hot recent play carry over for the rest of the season?
projection: 11 pts, 91 overall, 6th place

7. Chicago -- [75 gp, 79 pts; last ten games: 9-0-1]
opp. winning pct: .560
record vs. opponents: 8-6-2
other factors: winners of ten in a row before an OT loss to Ottawa on Friday; some tough teams on the remaning schedule, but they should stay hot enough to stay ahead of MIN and EDM
projection: 9 pts, 87 overall, 7th place

8. Minnesota -- [75 gp, 78 pts; last ten games: 4-6-0]
opp. winning pct: .569
record vs. opponents: 8-9-3
other factors: have lost five of the last six, seriously hurting their playoff chances; currently in eighth, but a tough remaining schedule will make it difficult to get to the post-season
projection: 7 pts, 85 overall, 9th place

9. Edmonton -- [74 gp, 76 pts; last ten games: 6-3-1]
opp. winning pct: .539
record vs. opponents: 10-10-1
other factors: left for dead in mid-January, the Oil has turned things around, and I think they'll squeeze past Minnesota into the playoffs; finishes with four home games, and also hoping Pekka Rinne will prove a better backup than Deslauriers
projection: 10 pts, 86 overall, 8th place

10. St. Louis -- [74 gp, 74 pts; last ten games: 4-4-2]
opp. winning pct: .503
record vs. opponents: 8-10-1
other factors: could prove me wrong, having won their last three; but a dismal early-month stretch (winning just one of nine games) probably has hurt too much to overcome; their remaining strength of schedule is not that strong, however, and they have had a couple of hot streaks already this season; I still think their road is too tough
projection: 9 pts, 83 overall, 11th place

11. Colorado -- [74 gp, 73 pts; last ten games: 2-7-1]
opp. winning pct: .524
record vs. opponents: 8-6-1
other factors: another team that looked great just two months ago; seven wins in twenty-five games would sink anyone, tho; although they're over .500 against their remaining opponents and I pick them to heat up for their final eight games, I think they've made it too hard on themselves with this prolonged swoon
projection: 11 pts, 84 overall, 10th place
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Good read.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Who's In? Who's Out?

Post by SharksGM »

I don't think Detroit has any chance of making the playoffs in the west...
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Solid post bub.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:I don't think Detroit has any chance of making the playoffs in the west...
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I hope Walters catches me. I don't deserve to be a playoff team anyway.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

I'd take an 80 point season. I guess.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I hope Walters catches me. I don't deserve to be a playoff team anyway.
lol id prefer not to see Toronto (if I keep 1st), they are my kryptonite.
Commish Bub(NYR)

FIXED.

Fucking realignment. Plus, fucking Ottawa winning again just to spite me for leaving them out.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Also thanks to realignment, two of Chicago, Minnesota, Colorado and St. Louis will make the "top eight". :lol:
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

That's a sad, sad thing.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Yes, the thought of my team finally having a shot at the playoffs after being a GM in EHEC for 1,659 days really has me disappointed.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

AvsGM wrote:Yes, the thought of my team finally having a shot at the playoffs after being a GM in EHEC for 1,659 days really has me disappointed.
I don't get what's gone on in the Rockies, their roster would have you thinking contender for sure.
Most recent file here.
MinnesotaGM

Post by MinnesotaGM »

Collapse is on :cry:. Didn't see this team competing for playoffs for another season or 2. Good experience for the youngins I guess
Brett-SensGM

Post by Brett-SensGM »

Bub(NYR) wrote:FIXED.

Fucking realignment. Plus, fucking Ottawa winning again just to spite me for leaving them out.
Awesome, a shout out for the longest of long shots, I'll take it... just trying to not look like Brian Burke after shipping my 1st to Edmonton. Don't want any Sequinesque guys going to Edmonton and getting myself fired over it.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Brett-SensGM wrote:... Sequinesque ...
Sequins? Like this? :lol:
Brett-SensGM

Post by Brett-SensGM »

Awesome... the esque put the q on my brain, lol. You know what man, I don't think I have ever seen a hockey jersey I would not wear... until today. You my friend are a google legend, although a Bruins jersey would of been epic.

Return to “Team News”