EHEC Game Previews 11/27

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

EHEC Game Previews 11/27

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

While much of our two great nations run each other over in the aisles to save $4 on a DVD, $80 on a flat-screen TV, or just want the inexplicable thrill of standing outside in the cold at 4:30 am for a chance to get one of the seven heavily-discounted sale items in the store, the EHEC season rolls along and leaves little time for hardcore Black Friday shopping. Consequently, there's little time to recover from the indigestion acquired from eating enough turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes to feed an entire third world country for a couple of months. Of course, if you're reading this, you've already come down from the drowsy joys of tryptophan, one of the amino acids found in turkey that makes you feel so tired after gluttoning yourself into complete and total apathy.

Buffalo (10-6-3-2) @ Philadelphia (14-7-1-0)

The most highly anticipated rubber match of the month takes place in Eastern Pennsylvania tonight as the Buffalo Sabres head to Philadelphia to take on a familiar foe. The Flyers drew first blood back on November 6 with a 5-4 OT win capped off by former Sabre pivotman Daniel Briere. GM Nick's Sabres got their revenge on November 14 with a 5-3 win in a spirited affair that saw Manny Legace outduel Ray Emery.

With the Flyers coming off a very successful road trip where they took four out of five, they look to continue their solid play while the Sabres look to build off a hard-fought point against the surging Washington Capitals. No doubt this game holds extra importance as two of the league's Committee members fight for bragging rights for the month of November. The two teams won't play again until the first week of March.

Atlanta (7-12-1-1) @ Carolina (15-8-1-0)

Optimism does not come easily in the Eastern Conference's Southeast Division. Let's face it, the Washington Capitals dominate this division. As college football commentator Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast my friend!" Carolina has played extremely well thus far and really has surprised many analysts in the early part of the inaugural EHEC campaign. Tonight, they take their four game winning streak up against Atlanta's three game winning streak.

The Thrashers are a much improved team over the last week and a half. They took the Bruins to extra time in a 2-1 loss, and then reeled off three straight wins against Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and took two points as a visitor in Joe Louis Arena. After a horrid October where they managed just one victory, they've gone 6-3-1-1 in November and are looking to end the month on a positive note. The Hurricanes come in to action having won six of seven and allowing just 10 goals over that span.

Chicago (14-7-1-1) @ Anaheim (14-8-1-0)

A clash of 14-win teams will commence in Anaheim tonight as the Blackhawks continue their circus road trip through Arnold's state. The Central Division picture is no clearer, and now, the Blue Jackets have leap-frogged the Blackhawks on the strength of their 4-1 road win over Ottawa to close out a five-game roadie. The Blackhawks have had the Thanksgiving holiday to lick their wounds after being beaten by Dany Heatley and the San Jose Sharks 5-3 on Wednesday night.

Anaheim, on the other hand, has played .500 hockey this month and is just barely clinging to a one point lead in the Pacific Division. Neither Jonas Hiller or JS Giguere have cemented themselves as a solid, consistent starter. Despite that, the Ducks have just two players in the minus category and their balanced scoring attack has been just enough to keep them in the division lead. They'll face a tough test with the hungry Hawks, however.

In other games, the "continue to surprise us" Edmonton Oilers host the San Jose Sharks, looking to build off their win over Chicago on Wednesday. Also in action, the Boston Bruins host the rebuilding New Jersey Devils. The Bruins dominated the Devils in their first matchup back on October 29 in a 5-1 win where they doubled the Devs in shots.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Tuo-SabresGM

Re: EHEC Game Previews 11/27

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Yet again Adam delivers the goods (must've been something in that turkey..)

Always look forward to games against Ryan and this one has a lot riding on it, at least in terms of bragging rights.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

In Brian Boucher we trust :D
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

The Nashville Predators also face the St.Louis Blues in a divisional clash. Even if it's early in the season, both teams desperately needs the win to stay in the playoff race already shaping up. The Preds are 6-1 in their last 7 games while the Blues have won their last 3 games.

Nashville won the first matchup between the two teams 3-2 about 2 weeks ago. They were trailing 2-0 in this game but managed to comeback and win it on a Martin Erat goal
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

NashvilleGM wrote:The Nashville Predators also face the St.Louis Blues in a divisional clash. Even if it's early in the season, both teams desperately needs the win to stay in the playoff race already shaping up. The Preds are 6-1 in their last 7 games while the Blues have won their last 3 games.

Nashville won the first matchup between the two teams 3-2 about 2 weeks ago. They were trailing 2-0 in this game but managed to comeback and win it on a Martin Erat goal
Yeah, from now on if some of you guys want to add your own blurbs to this if I don't highlight your game, feel free.

Definitely a big game. I've just been trying to highlight games of teams with two GMs. For some reason, the application cupboard's been really bare, basically non-existent.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Yay I got a mention...about as good of one as a rebuilding team is gonna get. :lol: At least Parise is the leading goalscorer for now.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

DevilsGM wrote:Yay I got a mention...about as good of one as a rebuilding team is gonna get. :lol: At least Parise is the leading goalscorer for now.
Don't worry. The next NJ-OTT matchup is already spewing venom. You'll get game of the night pub for that one.
Adam Burke
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Yeah, from now on if some of you guys want to add your own blurbs to this if I don't highlight your game, feel free.

Definitely a big game. I've just been trying to highlight games of teams with two GMs. For some reason, the application cupboard's been really bare, basically non-existent.
Regardless, these previews have been a good way to spur activity and stir up some rivalries. Interesting to read too.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

CapsGM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Yeah, from now on if some of you guys want to add your own blurbs to this if I don't highlight your game, feel free.

Regardless, these previews have been a good way to spur activity and stir up some rivalries. Interesting to read too.
I agree its good for morale of the league.

Return to “Team News”