New GM in Buffalo

Moderator: SharksGM

SabresGM

New GM in Buffalo

Post by SabresGM »

after the hiring of Steve Gardiner the media had a chance to talk to him...

Analyst: what do you bring to the Sabres Organization?

GM Steve:I am gonna bring my experience to the table as well as my ability to build a team that's tough to play against. Just cause were in a rebuild doesn't mean I want teams to be able to walk all over us.

Analyst: How are you going to go about building this team?

Gm Steve: Well there are a couple of guys who have expressed to me interest in moving on and going for a cup, I won't mention there names other then to say they are the vets of this team. Now normally I would be a little frustrated that as soon as I came on board I would have to deal with this, but on this occasion it's a good thing some of these are very valuable on the open market and I could gain a lot of assets to help this team for the future. So as of right now we are in rebuild mode, and weighing options on offers from teams for some of our players...but we expect to be very active on the trading front and even on the free agent front. we don't want our players to get caught up in a rebuild kind of mindset so were gonna push them, spots on this team will have to be earned.

Analyst: final question for you, are you looking to change some or all of the coaching staff?

GM Steve: it's definetly something were looking into.

Analyst: thanks for your time!

Return to “Team News”