Habs Hire New GM

Moderator: SharksGM

Montreal_GM

Habs Hire New GM

Post by Montreal_GM »

MONTRÉAL, QC | The Montreal Canadiens announce they hire young local boy Antony Caouette to take over as their new General Manager. Caouette, only 26 years old, is presented to the local press less than a month after Brad Evans has been relieve from his duties. The ownership interviewed different candidates and came to the decision that the young man was the perfect man for the job.

Team Owner Geoff Molson explained his choice of naming such a young man to such a demanding position. "Antony really impressed us by his poise and by his knowledge of the game. He his a passionate young man who will surround himself with people of experience to help him out in some areas. As the ownership, it is our role to provide Antony with all the tools he needs to lead us back to the Stanley Cup."

Mr. Caouette was aware of the circumstances that preceded his arrival as the new GM of the Habs. "I know what happened before I arrive, but I won't comment on that. What I can say however is that I give a lot of importance in life values such as respect, integrity and hard work. I know that this hockey club means a lot to Quebeckers and I am very thankful to Mr. Molson for the confidence he has in me and Mr. Burke for this great opportunity."

That being said, Mr. Caouette talked a little bit about the team he has and what is coming up for him. "Well, the first thing I realized, is that I have only one draft pick in the next two drafts. I think that Mr. Evans had a philosophy of winning at all cost, he made a ton of trades and liked to go get veterans players for his playoff runs. However, that is not my philosophy. I believe that the best way to build a serious contender is through development and drafting. Now, I will have a lot of work to do in that regard because, as I said earlier, he threw away almost all the picks we had."

Speaking of trades, the Journal de Montréal made a special graphic showing all the trades Brad Evans made in his tenure with the Habs. You can see it here: Image

"It's not that the results have been bad, said Caouette. It's just that his strategy needed a spectacular amount of movement in order to succeed. And you keep trading assets year in and year out to continue having success because you traded young players for veterans with experience but these veterans need to be replaced and so on and so on."

Mr. Molson said that he was looking for a new philosophy and found it with Caouette. "On a marketing point of view, the strategy we used for the past 4-5 years was horrible. People in Montreal need and want to create a bond with their team, their players. It was absolutely impossible to do that with such a high number of trades." For that matter, the Carey Price trade was the last straw for many fans.

"I'm not gonna discuss trades Mr. Evans made or didn't make. My job is to move on from the present. I disagreed with some of the trades he made but that won't make us move forward. Again, he had a strategy that required some difficult actions, but it is not a philospohy that I share", said Caouette.

We will see what will happen. One thing is sure, the new GM has a ton of things to do in order to get his full fingerprint on that team.
Jets GM

Re: Habs Hire New GM

Post by Jets GM »

Best team news post ever?
Most recent file here.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

If not, it sure is the best 2nd post ever.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

#bestpostever
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Goddamn, did Brad run over your cat, too?

I'd love to see that infographic for the Lightning. You could probably wallpaper an entire apartment with it.

also that must have taken like half of a day to make
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote:Goddamn, did Brad run over your cat, too?

I'd love to see that infographic for the Lightning. You could probably wallpaper an entire apartment with it.

Or a display room for my Stanley Cup. :P
Most recent file here.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

"Ryan Murray will be a Bolt for life"
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

CapsGM wrote:"Ryan Murray will be a Bolt for life"
RIP Ryan Murray
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

CapsGM wrote:

"Ryan Murray will be a Bolt for life"
Maybe he didn't mean "this" life?
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Yes.....best team thread so far..........fuckin love it lol
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Penguin

Post by Penguin »

#bestpostever
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Bienvenue, amuse toi!
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

GOAT AINEC
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

The Malkin trade alone would cover a bathroom.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Exclusive footage of Antony's opening remarks to the remaining employees of the Montreal Canadiens:

Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

I honestly think this is one of the BEST threads i have seen since i joined.......Kinda wish Brad could see all of these lmfao
Montreal_GM

Post by Montreal_GM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm glad you appreciate it! I had fun doing it.

However, this was not an attempt at putting down the previous GM. I don't know Brad at all. I just tried to write something funny, yet relevant to the situation I acknowledged when I took the team. I really don't know what Brad's relationships with other Gms was except from the article Adam wrote.

It's a fun game and I almost prefer having a ton of things to do than arrive in a perfect situation. So in that regard I have to thank Brad! :)

Return to “Team News”