New NHL rules or changes

Moderator: SharksGM

Singin the BLUES

New NHL rules or changes

Post by Singin the BLUES »

I reallllllly like the elimination of the spinorama shootout move. It is totally illegal NHL wise anyways.......but glad to see they got rid of that....I think the net trapeziod rule will mess with a few goalies heads for the first month or so.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=461527
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: New NHL rules or changes

Post by SharksGM »

Spinoramas are cool. Shootouts are not. The new rule sucks. Also they weren't illegal before, they were specifically excepted. What the NHL should have done is toss the stupid forward motion rule altogether. Or, you know, shootouts.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

What do u mean it wasnt an illegal move? By the rules, the puck has to ALWAYS be in a forward motion.....well with a spinorama move, the puck isnt always in a forward motion........and if you can get it to be in a forward motion at all times in a shootout, then you have a skill that alot of NHlers dont have...
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Teams will also change ends in overtime to play like the second period when it's hard to make line changes from the defensive zone.

I like this. This should make the 10 hockey games I watch every season more exciting.

The trapezoid behind the net in which goaltenders can touch the puck will be expanded by two feet[...]

This is dumb. Scrap it.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Singin the BLUES wrote:What do u mean it wasnt an illegal move? By the rules, the puck has to ALWAYS be in a forward motion.....well with a spinorama move, the puck isnt always in a forward motion........and if you can get it to be in a forward motion at all times in a shootout, then you have a skill that alot of NHlers dont have...
It was a legal move because there was a rule specifically allowing the spinorama. The reason for it is that the forward motion rule is stupid and pointless. It doesn't even work to stop timewasting because you can still skate in as slowly as you want.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Shootouts are bullshit. Until teams get three points for a regulation win, there should still be ties. The casual fan will come around to hockey naturally if they're so inclined. Not because a series of breakaways decide tens of thousands of dollars in playoff shares and ticket revenue and merchandise and so on.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide

Return to “The Sports Bar”