Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

October 16, 2014 (RE-SIM)

Post by Jets GM »

Results here: http://www.ehechockey.com/schedule.php

Standings here: http://www.ehechockey.com/standings.php

League leaders here: http://www.ehechockey.com/leagueleaders.php

League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

DAL and PIT have a line brawl, Pens ultimately come out on top. Dan skating his team like Herb Brooks works; SJ and NYI were to exhausted to score a goal after the first twenty minutes. Vik's Habs come up short again a Lucic'less Bruins. Kings have yet another dominant performance as Dr. Hugo continues his steamrolling of the EHEC.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Re: October 16, 2014

Post by Jets GM »

OTT, your AHL lines were CPUd.

BOS, the Lucic suspension was entered. One game remaining.

NJ, I had to fastsign Tomas Vincour and Ilmari Pitkänen for your AHL team lineup. I'm not sure if I could of change guys positions to avoid this, but make whatever adjustments and free-release who you have to.
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Bruins, more like Goo-ins.

See because they're goons.

Get it?

Knocking two of my players out early including my top defender. No wonder they came back in the 3rd. But at least Colin Wilson is looking good with a healthy -3 in his first game in under 13 minutes of icetime.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

That'll work. Gotta jumpstart my PP, though.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Standings are incorrect. I have 5 games played. All Ws.
They are incorrect in-game too.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Correct. Not sure what is going on. Dr. Taranu?
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

That'd be caused by the teams.ehm file being screwed up. That's also why your last 10 games are listed as 3-0-0-1. Though I don't know how it got screwed up.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Peter Holland's suspension should also be over. It has affected this too, I guess.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Peter Holland's suspension should also be over. It has affected this too, I guess.
Suspensions are in the players file though it could have been caused by whatever messed with the teams file.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Correct. Not sure what is going on. Dr. Taranu?
I don't have time to look at it now but I think the training page is the only one that modifies teams.ehm, so it probably has something to do with it.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

The results from October 15th are not being applied to the standings. The box scores can still be accessed, and the stats gained by players in those games are still being counted.

Not sure what happened. There were duplicate .EHM files on the site again, but I was only able to download 1 of each. The rest didn't really exist, or at least that is what Explorer told me.

Can those results be applied to the standings manually? It appears that's the only issue.
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:The results from October 15th are not being applied to the standings. The box scores can still be accessed, and the stats gained by players in those games are still being counted.

Not sure what happened. There were duplicate .EHM files on the site again, but I was only able to download 1 of each. The rest didn't really exist, or at least that is what Explorer told me.

Can those results be applied to the standings manually? It appears that's the only issue.
It's easy enough to fix the standings, though you'd have to edit the teams file for each team (and the teams file isn't all that fun to work with). But it seems like there are other problems too.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

What other problems?
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:What other problems?
Well Calgary's results in the teams file are listed as WWTW but they obviously don't have a tie this season (and that doesn't affect what shows up in the standings) and he mentioned how Holland's still suspended. I haven't checked but I'd be somewhat surprised if those were the only other issues.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

The T was a shootout win. Are those supposed to show up as W in teams.ehm?

The standings from the file I downloaded yesterday are fine and Calgary's standings say WWTWW as they should. I have no idea why the standings lines in teams.ehm would change. Justin, can you check your files again?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:The T was a shootout win. Are those supposed to show up as W in teams.ehm?
That could make sense then. I don't know how the shootout program works but they probably didn't bother with changing that.

Also, looks like my minor leaguers that I released the other day are still on my team (Ben Maxwell and company) and my training updates don't seem to have been input and it seems to me they weren't the last time Justin simmed either. I don't know how the GM Office works but maybe something's getting missed? In any case, I say we should just blame Bub. It's all Bub's fault.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Son of a bitch, well back to the ole drawing board.....
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I think the problem is the multiple .ehm files appearing in the "/files" directory. GM Office might be applying changes to .EHM files that my FTP program can't find or download.

I have an October 15th savefile, and everyone's records are okay (Calgary is 5-0). Should I re-sim last night, until I get the same results, and upload the file again?
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Bub has given the word, re-sim. The W/L results will remain the same.

I will re-enter any transactions missed/lost due to the errors with GM Office. Hopefully this will get us back on track.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I've started inputting things for the re-sim. Any changes made to GM Office will be lost, so hold off for a bit.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:I think the problem is the multiple .ehm files appearing in the "/files" directory. GM Office might be applying changes to .EHM files that my FTP program can't find or download.
... what?

I think the only way this could have happened is if you simmed with an old teams.ehm file. You can do that because schedule.ehm doesn't get updated for the site, so the individual game results can be out of sync with the standings in teams.ehm.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

That's what I mean. Since, for myself, when I log onto the FTP site there are multiple .ehm files in the "/files" directory. Sometimes three or four of each (example: players.ehm, players.ehm, players.ehm). Most of the time when I go to download them I get a bunch of errors that say these file's don't exist. I assumed last night that only one working version of each EHM file was downloaded; however, I'm thinking now that there might of been multiple working EHM files last night. One of them was teams.ehm and it was old.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Re: October 16, 2014 (RE-SIM)

Post by Jets GM »

Re-sim has been uploaded. ZIP file with current scores is available for download.

This file:

All waiver movement was in-putted, including things that un-did themselves last night.
Milan Lucic suspension was entered.
The following players has injuries un-done: Jayce Hawryluk, Scott Hartnell, T.J. Galiardi, Derick Brassard.
There were a couple DTD injuries I left, the simmer will activate those DTD injuries if need be.
Carolina demotions to juniors entered.
MTL/CHI and MTL/PHI trades entered.

Any changes made in GM Office since October 15th at 9pm ET need to be entered again. Some AHL recalls/demotions were made based off the line-ups you submitted.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

My apologies to everyone for the rocky road my sim's have been so far this season. I'm still learning the mechanics of the website, and don't have much experience editing game files. Please continue to stick with us, I will get the hang of it soon enough.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:That's what I mean. Since, for myself, when I log onto the FTP site there are multiple .ehm files in the "/files" directory. Sometimes three or four of each (example: players.ehm, players.ehm, players.ehm). Most of the time when I go to download them I get a bunch of errors that say these file's don't exist. I assumed last night that only one working version of each EHM file was downloaded; however, I'm thinking now that there might of been multiple working EHM files last night. One of them was teams.ehm and it was old.
That's odd. What program are you using? I don't see anything like that with FileZilla.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote:
Tampa Bay GM wrote:That's what I mean. Since, for myself, when I log onto the FTP site there are multiple .ehm files in the "/files" directory. Sometimes three or four of each (example: players.ehm, players.ehm, players.ehm). Most of the time when I go to download them I get a bunch of errors that say these file's don't exist. I assumed last night that only one working version of each EHM file was downloaded; however, I'm thinking now that there might of been multiple working EHM files last night. One of them was teams.ehm and it was old.
That's odd. What program are you using? I don't see anything like that with FileZilla.
I'm using FileZilla now, despite the fact it tried to install spam on my computer during the installation proccess.

I was using just a file explorer browser with Windows 8 before.
Most recent file here.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Not the results i would like to see, bu i guess we will have to take it......You will get better TB, dont worry. Shit like this takes time. Mistakes happen, and thats how you learn. Good job :|
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Marek Svatos is back on my team. I imagine it isn't in any of the threads you would've looked at for the re-sim.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Marek Svatos is back on my team. I imagine it isn't in any of the threads you would've looked at for the re-sim.
Correct. I will let Dan take care of that tonight, so I don't break anything. Thanks Vik.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I liked the original shot goals better. Kovalchuk is still the only player fully awake to start the season.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Four teams currently have 4 underagers on the farm: Anaheim, Buffalo, San Jose, and Tampa Bay.

I seem to remember Justin saying he was awarded an extra for something but I don't know about the others.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Four teams currently have 4 underagers on the farm: Anaheim, Buffalo, San Jose, and Tampa Bay.

I seem to remember Justin saying he was awarded an extra for something but I don't know about the others.
Yes, I did win an extra one of this season.

Also, there is also a rule that if the player turns 20 by the end of the year, he does not count towards the three. I'm not sure if that's in the rulebook, but it has been talked about. I will make a note of it in the rulebook thread.
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:Four teams currently have 4 underagers on the farm: Anaheim, Buffalo, San Jose, and Tampa Bay.

Also, there is also a rule that if the player turns 20 by the end of the year, he does not count towards the three. I'm not sure if that's in the rulebook, but it has been talked about. I will make a note of it in the rulebook thread.
Yeah, I factored that in. That's why Vancouver doesn't show up on my list.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
Tampa Bay GM wrote:

Yeah, I factored that in. That's why Vancouver doesn't show up on my list.
Most recent file here.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Ducks and Lightning were awarded a 4th underager as a draft review bonus.

Sharks and Sabres are over the limit.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Already in the rulebook, old and new.
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Shitty deal for Tanguay, but welcome to the big leagues Jordan Weal!
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SJ and BUF had been notified.
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Bruins_GM wrote:Shitty deal for Tanguay, but welcome to the big leagues Jordan Weal!
And I got your lines in!
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Return to “2014-15 EHEC Regular Season”