WJC's

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

WJC's

Post by Jets GM »

I had talked about it last year, but what about sending any NHL/AHL WJC eligible players back to juniors the day before selections are made in-game. I had proposed LE boosts (+4 1st, +3 2nd, +2 3rd, +1 LE Participation, +5 Top Scorer) but we can discuss that for next season.

However, for this year, I think it is just cool to have in the bio. I am willing to create a thread for people to post, and make the necessary changes.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: WJC's

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I'm not opposed to players getting LE boosts for the WJCs, but I'm wondering if there's a way we could do it so that they won't just go to the top teams. It would be pretty easy to set up some tables to give a random % of LE boosts to real players from each team, but that might seem to fake and game-y.

As for sending players back, that's probably a lot of file work, if everyone had someone they wanted to send back for the tourney.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:I'm not opposed to players getting LE boosts for the WJCs, but I'm wondering if there's a way we could do it so that they won't just go to the top teams. It would be pretty easy to set up some tables to give a random % of LE boosts to real players from each team, but that might seem to fake and game-y.

As for sending players back, that's probably a lot of file work, if everyone had someone they wanted to send back for the tourney.
Assigning to juniors is a few clicks in game; what is involved with recalling a player from juniors via editing?
Most recent file here.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

I will have a few to send
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

My stance remains that the WJC is a joke and even more so in EHM where every game is 6-3, so any attempt to make it more 'realistic' or use its results for anything is pointless.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote:My stance remains that the WJC is a joke and even more so in EHM where every game is 6-3, so any attempt to make it more 'realistic' or use its results for anything is pointless.
Tell us what you really think, Dan.

Is it as simple as switching the "0" to the NHL/AHL team number on the 2nd line, 10th column in players.ehm?
Most recent file here.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”