congrats team U.S.A

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

congrats team U.S.A

Post by Jets GM »

Wild ride at the WJC final tonight, just wanted to give my congrats to team USA for winning the gold medal. Back and forth affair, still really proud of team Canada and how they didn't quit at any point during the game.
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Re: congrats team U.S.A

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Easily one of the best, if not the best, games I've ever seen. So many great performances in that game. All the heart and emotion made that a really special event.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

I don't think Jake Allen will be looking back on it as a great game for him, he looked pretty shaky from the start and it's too bad we didn't go to Jones sooner as he made some great saves down the stretch. US deserved this one with the quality of skaters/playmaking players they had and we didn't put it in our own net this time :x
SypherSens

Post by SypherSens »

Fun game to watch.

Glad they got the win out of the way before the Olympics. ;)
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Congrats Jake Allen for being shit!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:Congrats Jake Allen for being shit!
Mike Lee didn't play any better. Don't use Allen as a crutch. Blais made the change to get Campbell in there and he was very solid. Desjardins didn't want to go to Jones and it cost him.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Jones blew it on the game-winning goal. And really it was some pretty crappy hockey compared to previous years even if the game was entertaining. Yeah I know they're juniors but seriously how many times did Canada's top line try to toe-drag it through 2 or 3 US defenders? Hell, Kadri and Hall did it back-to-back on the same shift with about 6 minutes to go.

Whatever, good job to the US. Canada can't expect to win the gold every year, they have to earn it.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

He plays for the Junior de Montréal where I live and I can tell you he's nothing special. Played bad all tournament. Kadri didn't impress me either so another Toronto bust!
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

being from Canada and having a few prospects playin for medals... Eberle, Svensson, Lander, and depending on the lotto draft another player... I'm sorta glad we lost this time.. It was time already and it will be better for the tourny. It's not unpatriotic to state that loseing will be better because yes - those kids have to earn it every year. The tourny is in Buffalo next year and now the pressure is off of Canada and shifted to the USA. Win back to back and win it on home ice. If gives other nations a bit of hope that someone other than Canada can win it. But it also gives Canada a goal - win it back.

We set the record for straight golds... now i'll just be happy watching entertaining hockey at the junior level every year. If we win awesome - if not it's not the end of the world

Congrats USA on not folding when Eberle worked his magic again to send it to overtime. But moreso on a great tourny!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Oilers_GM wrote:Congrats USA on not folding when Eberle worked his magic again to send it to overtime. But moreso on a great tourny!
I was afraid that Blais would make his second mistake, and his biggest one, after Eberle scored to make it 5-4. I thought he should have called a timeout. Even with some of the games those young kids have played, that was no doubt the biggest. Campbell was rattled, they had been running around for a minute or two before the goal. They needed a calming influence and didn't get one.

I guess he wanted the players to overcome it on their own. He felt the character of his team was strong enough to do that. He would know better than I would, but I would have called timeout there.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Well deserved victory. lol@ Don Cherry for bashing American development. Clearly if they are winning U17, U18 and U20 in the same year, their home cookin' is fine.

Return to “The Sports Bar”