2015 draft prospects

Moderator: SharksGM

flyergp21

2015 draft prospects

Post by flyergp21 »

I know the upcoming draft class isn't completed, but I'd like to know if the ones already done (McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin and co.) are set, or if their ratings and ceilings could still be modified.

Thanks!
Jets GM

Re: 2015 draft prospects

Post by Jets GM »

flyergp21 wrote:I know the upcoming draft class isn't completed, but I'd like to know if the ones already done (McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin and co.) are set, or if their ratings and ceilings could still be modified.

Thanks!
Still can be tweaked; I am sure Bub will announce when the draft class is complete.
Most recent file here.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

There might be some minor tweaking, but none of the top guys will be drastically changed. I do want to get the class completed before trading become active again, so that everyone will have plenty of time to decide what they want to do come draft day.

And Justin is correct, I'll announce any major changes to top guys.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

McDavid's 101 shooting ceiling is a typo, it will be fixed to 011 shortly.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

I really thought McDavid would get 99 OFF as he's supposed to be better than Crosby (assuming Seguin is our Crosby).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:I really thought McDavid would get 99 OFF as he's supposed to be better than Crosby (assuming Seguin is our Crosby).
... according to who? Crosby had better junior stats.
Kev88.Blue.Jackets

Post by Kev88.Blue.Jackets »

BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

Crosby played in the Q....
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

BlackHawk Down (Seb) wrote:Crosby played in the Q....
... so? In his draft year, there was only one other player in the Q who broke 100 points, besides Crosby's two wingers. If you're going to argue that McDavid's playing against tougher competition, well, he has better teammates too.
MartyFromOTTAWA

SharksGM wrote:
MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:I really thought McDavid would get 99 OFF as he's supposed to be better than Crosby (assuming Seguin is our Crosby).
... according to who? Crosby had better junior stats.
An analyst from Q has been told this from 3-4 scouts: "McDavid may be better than Crosby."
Yah ok I said "is supposed to", my bad.
Commish Bub(NYR)

And Alexandre Daigle was going to be the next Gretzky.

Don't worry, McDavid will turn out okay. :D
MartyFromOTTAWA

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:And Alexandre Daigle was going to be the next Gretzky.

Don't worry, McDavid will turn out okay. :D
Yah of course Bub, I was just saying.
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

What I meant was that junior scoring should not be the only thing to determine a rating since leagues are way too different.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

BlackHawk Down (Seb) wrote:What I meant was that junior scoring should not be the only thing to determine a rating since leagues are way too different.
... but they're not really that different, that's why you can compare across the CHL. The competitive balance isn't exactly the same, true, but the difference between scoring in different leagues in the same season is now pretty small compared to the difference in scoring across the whole CHL from decade to decade. In the past it was true that the Q was higher scoring and the W less so, but that's not really the case anymore.

Anyway I'm looking forward to building my franchise around an NHL bust like Derek Forbort. Even more so than having my two most talented players be KHL superstars, I mean.
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

Looking forward to the draft!
Kev88.Blue.Jackets

Post by Kev88.Blue.Jackets »

IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

SharksGM wrote:
... so? In his draft year, there was only one other player in the Q who broke 100 points, besides Crosby's two wingers. If you're going to argue that McDavid's playing against tougher competition, well, he has better teammates too.
Yeah who was one of his wingers - Marc-Antouine Pouliot who the Oil drafted.. and was a bigger bust then Shremp!

Saddly the only way I can move up is if the real Oilers win the lotto.. Cough not gonna happen - no matter how much I want 'em to!
NYI GM
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

IslandersGM wrote:
SharksGM wrote:
Yeah who was one of his wingers - Marc-Antouine Pouliot who the Oil drafted.. and was a bigger bust then Shremp!

Saddly the only way I can move up is if the real Oilers win the lotto.. Cough not gonna happen - no matter how much I want 'em to!
Well the Oilers did draft Pouliot before Crosby entered the Q, so they weren't fooled by his big numbers with Crosby. They, uh, well they were just plain fooled. But hey, the guys who made those poor decisions are long gone (to higher positions in the Oilers' organization, ha ha haaaa).

It would be funny if the NHL Oilers win the lottery and still suck terribly next season and then somehow Kevin Lowe gets promoted to Executive CEOO/President For Life.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Tweaked a few ceilings and attributes (and a couple of cons) for a few guys today:

Jordan Greenway
Matthew Spencer
Paul Bittner
Samuel Laberge
Devante Stephens

Just trying to make things more interesting...There won't be too much more changes to prospects, unless someone moves way up or way down in the final rankings. And I'll keep folks notified when changes occur.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Just trying to make things more interesting...There won't be too much more changes to prospects, unless someone moves way up or way down in the final rankings. And I'll keep folks notified when changes occur.
Chabot seems to have gone up quite a bit in real-life rankings and Kylington down, that's the main thing I noticed.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Modified a few prospects just now. No whopping changes, but some guys have had their CONs noticeably changed (Zacha, Kylington), and made changes to ceilings and a few attributes as well. This will probably be the final change to guys near the top of the board unless someone moves way up or way down the final real-life rankings.

McDavid
Eichel
Crouse
Provorov
Rantanen
Eriksson Ek
Kylington
Meier
Zacha
Ahl
Dergachyov
Soy
MartyFromOTTAWA

You're a stud Pat
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Really liking the look of the draft class. Too often when people are playing with prospect ratings you get an attack of the clones situation where every player is ~75 in every rating. I've never understood how people can honestly think that'll be accurate or why they'd think that'd be a fun game to play. With this draft (haven't gone through past drafts too thoroughly to give my approval on them but I assume they're similar), players are pretty distinct with various strengths and weaknesses and it's more about a person's preferences as to what they value rather than which guy has 1 extra point in CON or whatever.

So yeah, thumbs up.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

When will the EHEC 2015 Draft begin? Can't wait
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:Really liking the look of the draft class. Too often when people are playing with prospect ratings you get an attack of the clones situation where every player is ~75 in every rating. I've never understood how people can honestly think that'll be accurate or why they'd think that'd be a fun game to play. With this draft (haven't gone through past drafts too thoroughly to give my approval on them but I assume they're similar), players are pretty distinct with various strengths and weaknesses and it's more about a person's preferences as to what they value rather than which guy has 1 extra point in CON or whatever.

So yeah, thumbs up.
Thanks, Vik.

"I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing." --Dickie Dunn
Commish Bub(NYR)

Dallas Stars GM wrote:When will the EHEC 2015 Draft begin? Can't wait
We've always started the same day of the NHL draft.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”