New computer = Problems

Moderator: SharksGM

Calgary.Flames

New computer = Problems

Post by Calgary.Flames »

New laptop with windows 8.

I need a step by step on how to re-install everything on this new toy.
I needed help years ago when I first got it, and I still do.

EHM
PLAYERSCOUT

Thanks.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: New computer = Problems

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Other than grabbing all the ocx and runtime files, I don't know what else you need. Haven't had to do this on Windows 8...yet.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Where do those ocx files go?
Commish Bub(NYR)

I think just in the top EHM folder. Don't know if they need to get copied anywhere else. But the fhockey download page (http://ehm.fhockey.com/EHM%20game.php) has all the zip files, and there are probably readme files with each one.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Rob_Wild wrote:I don't have windows 8, only 7, but I pasted the files in the sytem(32?) folder as well. Then used comannd prompt to register them before I could get ehm working properly.

On a related note it doesn't seem to be working properly. I got some new rosters to start a practise file for the summer. but when trying to create a new save so I could edit the date it won't show a game file in the saves folder. Now it shows up in the save/load menu in game and I can load it. Still can't edit the file though because I can't actually find it.
Are you running the game as admin? With the latest updates to 7, even running EHM from the non-64 program files I have to run the game as an admin to actually get everything to save right.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”