League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

BOS 5 - WPG 4 (ot)
BUF 5 - OTT 3
PHI 5 - TB 4 (so)
STL 5 - EDM 2
CAR 4 - NAS 2
PIT 5 - DAL 3
MIN 5 - COL 4 (so)

DAL Kyle Quincey suspended for 4 games for a KO on Dany Heatley (2 months)
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: October 8, 2015

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Had to repeatedly autoline some farm teams that had 10 or fewer players. Check your shit, guys, for lots of shiny new crappy farmers.

EDIT: Also took care of COL and EDM. The Oilers may still be over the cap, but at least they should be close now. (Too much to do, so didn't confirm cap number. Good thing they lost.)
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:PHI 5 - TB 4 (so)
:o
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:KO on Dany Heatley (2 months)
:lol:
Buffalo LEPS

Post by Buffalo LEPS »

Malkin already making some noise in Buffalo with a 3 pts night !!!
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:The Oilers may still be over the cap, but at least they should be close now. (Too much to do, so didn't confirm cap number. Good thing they lost.)
Almost, you got them to 68,221,250.

Knot trade still hasn't been entered.

Demoted without waivers:
Andrew Orpik (BUF)
Calvin de Haan (COL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (COL)
A.J. Jenks (OTT)
Chris Vande Velde (VAN)
I think Bubbles is responsible for all of these except Vande Velde.

Underagers:
Colorado = 4
Edmonton = 4
St. Louis = 5

Pro Roster:
Winnipeg = 21

Contracts:
Buffalo = 52
Florida = 51
Ottawa = 51
Arizona = 53

Marty Turco's down to 80 POT.
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

Since I rebuilt pretty much my whole core in the off season, I am considering this my first result in the EHEC. Glad I came out with the 5 - 2 win. If my season turns out anything like my test sims I have done over the past few months, I am excited about my roster.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:The Oilers may still be over the cap, but at least they should be close now. (Too much to do, so didn't confirm cap number. Good thing they lost.)
Almost, you got them to 68,221,250.
Though, if we waive the retirement penalties for Kubina and Unterluggauer (both could've been free released before retiring), they'll be under.

Also, all three of Carolina's demotions without waivers from yesterday are still in the AHL. Should we say that, if anyone wants to claim any of them (or any of the guys on waivers today), we can have at 'em? Or are we waiting for teams to fix things?

Oh and I'm leaving salary cap violations to Dan (there were a couple teams besides Edmonton over today) since he seems to be tracking it.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Though, if we waive the retirement penalties for Kubina and Unterluggauer (both could've been free released before retiring), they'll be under.
That's a good idea. I'm guessing we'll do just that.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Does Kyle Quincey's salary count to the cap by the time he's serving his 4 game suspension?
Also, please remove "retiring after the season" status of Mark Streit, thanks.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
NashvillePredatorsGM

Post by NashvillePredatorsGM »

My AHL lines were not loaded and some other lines played in the game. Please, load my AHL lines from GM office that I have made, thank you.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Dallas Stars GM wrote:Does Kyle Quincey's salary count to the cap by the time he's serving his 4 game suspension?
Also, please remove "retiring after the season" status of Mark Streit, thanks.
Yes, he does. And he still counts on your roster, meaning you don't necessarily need to promote anyone.
NashvillePredatorsGM wrote:My AHL lines were not loaded and some other lines played in the game. Please, load my AHL lines from GM office that I have made, thank you.
Submit them again. He doesn't load every teams' lineup one by one. Should've worked.
Don't forget to click the OK button after you hit the SUBMIT button.
Commish Bub(NYR)

NashvillePredatorsGM wrote:My AHL lines were not loaded and some other lines played in the game. Please, load my AHL lines from GM office that I have made, thank you.
It's possible I missed them.

Also, fair warning to all GMs: if your AHL lines don't work for some reason, you'll get auto'd. Most nights I'm not going to make the effort to find someone to fill in a missing wing slot or whatever. It rarely happens, and usually only after an injury.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:Demoted without waivers:
Andrew Orpik (BUF)
Calvin de Haan (COL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (COL)
A.J. Jenks (OTT)
Chris Vande Velde (VAN)
Yep. My feeling is this:
...BUF should be allowed to either bring Orpik back up, or agree to have him on waivers;
...COL players will be considered waived;
...OTT just claimed Jenks off waivers; doesn't the NHL allow you to demote a claimed player without him facing immediate waivers? If so, he's fine; if not, I'll consider him the same as Orpik and give OTT the chance to keep him on the pro team or face waivers;
...VAN was not me; he should be on waivers; same for CAR players from yesterday.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:Underagers:
Colorado = 4
Edmonton = 4
St. Louis = 5
COL and EDM handled. STL has four, since Wennberg is a '95 birth year and doesn't count. So, Liam, one of your underagers has to go up or go back to juniors.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:Contracts:
Buffalo = 52
Florida = 51
Ottawa = 51
Arizona = 53
BUF now at 51
FLA still at 51

OTT at 50
ARZ at 50
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:...OTT just claimed Jenks off waivers; doesn't the NHL allow you to demote a claimed player without him facing immediate waivers? If so, he's fine; if not, I'll consider him the same as Orpik and give OTT the chance to keep him on the pro team or face waivers;
No, if someone gets claimed and then put back on waivers and the previous team is the only one to put in a claim on them, they can treat him as having cleared waivers and send him down. But if you could just send down anyone you got off waivers, there'd be a lot more claims.
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:COL and EDM handled. STL has four, since Wennberg is a '95 birth year and doesn't count. So, Liam, one of your underagers has to go up or go back to juniors.
Which still leaves Carlsson, Larkin, Lauta, Goulet, and Ho Sang as the five (unless he brought someone up since that post).
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

The reason a team should pick players up from the waivers is to play them with the big club, not to steal guys only to burry them.
They absolutely need to clear waivers each and every time.

I'll get in touch with the boys, see what's up.

Let me add this... It's everyone's "job" to follow what's going on on the forums. You see your team being mentionned by anyone saying you're breaking X rule? You should be involved in the talks then. Don't wait until we need to PM you... at some point we'll just act in the best interest and the result might not please you.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:The reason a team should pick players up from the waivers is to play them with the big club, not to steal guys only to bury them.
They absolutely need to clear waivers each and every time.
Yes, definitely. Waivers are pointless otherwise.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

I'll keep Jenks in the pro.
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

Hm, Is it Larkin who is taking me over the limit?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

BLUESGM wrote:Hm, Is it Larkin who is taking me over the limit?
Vik (Habs) wrote:Which still leaves Carlsson, Larkin, Lauta, Goulet, and Ho Sang as the five (unless he brought someone up since that post).
Two of those five have to either be promoted or sent back to juniors.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik or anyone else, any idea why a few teams like WPG have players with rights listed as their AHL team instead of the NHL team? Erik Haula, for example.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:Vik or anyone else, any idea why a few teams like WPG have players with rights listed as their AHL team instead of the NHL team? Erik Haula, for example.
Fast-signs.
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

Which still leaves Carlsson, Larkin, Lauta, Goulet, and Ho Sang as the five (unless he brought someone up since that post).
For some reason I thought Larkin was 20, dunno who Goulet even is. I will send these two back to JR. Where should I post it?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

BLUESGM wrote:
For some reason I thought Larkin was 20, dunno who Goulet even is. I will send these two back to JR. Where should I post it?
Waiver thread.
Buffalo LEPS

Post by Buffalo LEPS »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:Demoted without waivers:
Andrew Orpik (BUF)
Calvin de Haan (COL)
Bobby Sanguinetti (COL)
A.J. Jenks (OTT)
Chris Vande Velde (VAN)
Yep. My feeling is this:
...BUF should be allowed to either bring Orpik back up, or agree to have him on waivers;
...COL players will be considered waived;
...OTT just claimed Jenks off waivers; doesn't the NHL allow you to demote a claimed player without him facing immediate waivers? If so, he's fine; if not, I'll consider him the same as Orpik and give OTT the chance to keep him on the pro team or face waivers;
...VAN was not me; he should be on waivers; same for CAR players from yesterday.
Bring Orpik back up

Return to “2015-16 EHEC Regular Season”