My Lines Keep Getting Ignored

Moderator: SharksGM

AP21 (ARZ)

My Lines Keep Getting Ignored

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

As the season is winding down, I pick specific spots to play my backup goalie. Last night was the fourth time over the last few weeks that the lines I had entered in GM Office were ignored. Ryan Miller was displayed as the starter in GM Office before the sim, as intended, but Magnus Hellberg ended up playing. What's even more puzzling is that Miller still shows as the starter in GM Office today, even though he didn't play last night.

I don't know if the problem is related to GM Office or if the simmer simply forgot to input my lines, but let's find a way to fix it.
Jets GM

Re: My Lines Keep Getting Ignored

Post by Jets GM »

The 'lines' folder on the site currently reads ARZpro.lns was last changed 2016-03-03 8:04:56. Have you updated your lines since then?
Most recent file here.
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

Yes, I did sometime yesterday afternoon.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:Yes, I did sometime yesterday afternoon.
It appears there is some kind of error in office because I am looking at the FTP info and it says the date I stated above. You got the 'NHL lines submitted successfully' message I assume? I wonder if it has to do with the name change in EHM (Phoenix-->Arizona).

I can't troubleshoot Office; try to submit lines again through office and e-mail the league e-mail address a zip file of your lines (.lns file) to ensure you get them in until this issue is resolved.
Most recent file here.
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

That's a plausible explanation. I've noticed quite a few instances where the boxscores read as Phoenix instead of Arizona. Do you guys use multiple computers to sim? For instance, a laptop that is used to sim every once in a while might not have the updated teams.ehm file.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:That's a plausible explanation. I've noticed quite a few instances where the boxscores read as Phoenix instead of Arizona. Do you guys use multiple computers to sim? For instance, a laptop that is used to sim every once in a while might not have the updated teams.ehm file.
Hm, interesting. I use the same computer to sim, and make certain that the teams file is current. Hadn't thought that GMO might be having that difficulty, tho. However, there doesn't seem to be a problem with CBJ/WPG or the switch from ATL to WPG.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I see some lines from Arizona today in the FTP site. Maybe submit them a few times (only a few extra clicks) when you make changes to your lineup. Since Dan is the only one with coding knowledge, it will be up to him to check under the hood about these GMO glitches.
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

There are no PHOpro/farm.lns on the FTP so that's not an issue.
AP21 (ARZ) wrote:As the season is winding down, I pick specific spots to play my backup goalie. Last night was the fourth time over the last few weeks that the lines I had entered in GM Office were ignored. Ryan Miller was displayed as the starter in GM Office before the sim, as intended, but Magnus Hellberg ended up playing. What's even more puzzling is that Miller still shows as the starter in GM Office today, even though he didn't play last night.
That's not puzzling. GMO never reads lines back in from the save file. Whatever lines you save in GMO are going to stay there until the next time you change them.
Tampa Bay GM wrote:The 'lines' folder on the site currently reads ARZpro.lns was last changed 2016-03-03 8:04:56. Have you updated your lines since then?
I downloaded those lines and they do have Miller as the starter, but since they were uploaded quite early on Thursday, I would have assumed that Pat entered them for Thursday's sim and not re-entered them myself. I occasionally go back and enter lines from more than a day ago but not always.

e: actually I'm puzzled here, because Hellberg started on Thursday night... so did you intend for Miller to play on Thursday or Saturday?
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

SharksGM wrote:e: actually I'm puzzled here, because Hellberg started on Thursday night... so did you intend for Miller to play on Thursday or Saturday?
I wanted to play Miller on Thursday, but that didn't work. I then tried putting him in yesterday, but that didn't work either. I plan on putting Miller in net tomorrow. I'll try confirming my lines a few times around 7 pm, just to be sure.
Commish Bub(NYR)

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:e: actually I'm puzzled here, because Hellberg started on Thursday night... so did you intend for Miller to play on Thursday or Saturday?
I wanted to play Miller on Thursday, but that didn't work. I then tried putting him in yesterday, but that didn't work either. I plan on putting Miller in net tomorrow. I'll try confirming my lines a few times around 7 pm, just to be sure.
Noted.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:
I just tested it and if you submit your lineup with no changes, it will save your lines. So if you really did save your lines on Saturday, Justin should have seen them as being updated. But he didn't:
Tampa Bay GM wrote:The 'lines' folder on the site currently reads ARZpro.lns was last changed 2016-03-03 8:04:56. Have you updated your lines since then?
So you updated your lines on Thursday, Pat forgot to enter them, I didn't enter them on Friday because I thought Pat had done it, and I'm still not sure what happened on Saturday.

In the future, if you do notice your lines not being entered, post about it in the gameday thread and/or let the next simmer know, otherwise we'll assume that all of the lines from the previous day were entered correctly.
Commish Bub(NYR)

SharksGM wrote:In the future, if you do notice your lines not being entered, post about it in the gameday thread and/or let the next simmer know, otherwise we'll assume that all of the lines from the previous day were entered correctly.
This. When I take over on Mondays, after the other simmers have done the weekend, I download more lines than I probably need to, just to make sure I haven't missed any. It's possible some lines get sent in while the sim is being done, and therefore get missed. I do remember getting your lines just before I started the sim on Thursday, but honestly can't remember if I did enter them, or entered them but forgot to hit "confirm lines," which could've happened. I'm not sure why this keeps happening to you, Alex, but it's not because we hate you. :lol:

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”