2 questions

Moderator: SharksGM

Penguin

2 questions

Post by Penguin »

After 4 months I'm still not sure about 2 things...

F. Teams wishing to offer contract extensions to players making below $1,500,000 must include a mandatory 30% raise for each season of the new contract. Players making between 1.5-2.5M must receive a 20% raise per season. Players making over 2.5M must receive a 10% raise per season. This adds to the realism of new contracts and is our attempt at allowing teams/players to "avoid arbitration". This rule applies only to players 30 years of age or below

Can anyone explain this? The wording gets me all confused!
Ex: Letang makes 0,835M/year. I want to sign him for 5 years. Does that mean I have to do 0.835 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 1.3? Cause the way it's worded out that's what I get out of it and it makes completely no sense.

Also, UFAs... I know the minimum is 400k. Does the player have to accept the contract (in EHM) for me to send the contract? Or you guys just enter it through the file at 400k..

Thanks,
Matt
BSBullies

Re: 2 questions

Post by BSBullies »

You'll need to offer Letang 30% more than he's making now for every season of the new contract, it won't go up each time, so you're looking at $1,085,500 at least. The UFA will accept your offer regardless if you win the bid, we do manually enter yes.
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

To kind of piggyback Ryan's comments, you can offer a UFA a minimum of $185,000. If a player is on an pro roster, and makes less than $400,000, his salary will automatically be counted as being $400K, to keep in line with the EHEC/NHL league minimum.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Ok. I still don't get the Letang part though. :oops:

Can you give examples?

Thanks Ryan.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

So I can sign Manny Fernandez to 185k and it will count as 400k?
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Fernandez would count for $400,000 for any NHL game he plays even if you offer $185,000 yes. Back to Letang, he would need to be paid at least $1,085,500 each year for the duration of the contract, it's a set salary and won't escalate. Depending on their previous contract amount, you just add the percentage and that is their minimum salary for the number of years you offered.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Matt, re: Letang, see this thread, starting with Calgary's question: http://www.ehechockey.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=20&t=13

The 30% raise is for a contract term, not for each year of the term. Unless you want to offer him one-year contracts each time... :P
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Oh I never saw that thread!

That means I wasn't the only one who didn't understand the wording (for every year of the contract).

Thanks Pat.

Return to “Contract Offers”