Chris Conner (raise of 30%)
650k/year
Default SB
4 years
TW
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Pittsburgh Penguins

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Kris Letang's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been made. He will consider your offer.

Matt Stajan's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been made. He will consider your offer.

Ben Lovejoy's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been made. He will consider your offer.

Chris Conner's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been made. He will consider your offer.

Matt Cooke's offer can not be inputted due to Rule 5G:
G. Contract Extension Signing Bonus Cap: Teams wishing to extend contract offers to currently rostered players may not offer a signing bonus exceeding 50% of the yearly base salary. Example: If Columbus offers Steve Mason a contract extension of $3M per season, the signing bonus for that deal cannot exceed $1.5M. This will keep extensions realistic and help to lower the likelihood of lowball offers being accepted.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Kris Letang has rejected your offer.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Matt Stajan has signed a $2,100,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Kris Letang
1,100,000$/year
566,600$ SB
3 years
PO, TO

Matt Cooke
750k/year
366,600$ SB
3 years
PO, TO
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Chris Conner has signed a $650,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Ben Lovejoy has signed a $650,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Kris Letang's offer can not be inputted due to Rule 5G:

G. Contract Extension Signing Bonus Cap: Teams wishing to extend contract offers to currently rostered players may not offer a signing bonus exceeding 50% of the yearly base salary. Example: If Columbus offers Steve Mason a contract extension of $3M per season, the signing bonus for that deal cannot exceed $1.5M. This will keep extensions realistic and help to lower the likelihood of lowball offers being accepted.

Matt Cooke will consider your offer.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I made sure that it was 50% :?:
1.1 x 0.5 = 5.5 (5.66 in EHM is closest to 5.5)
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Entering 5.66 still exceeds our ruling which could possibly give you an advantage in signing Letang. We're fine with entering the bonus as $533,300, the most accurate amount that falls within our rules.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Alright wtv it is champ!
I'll put the closest amount under from now on.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Kris Letang will consider your offer.
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Kris Letang has signed a $1,100,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

What a shot by Letang tonight!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The following players' contract options need to be confirmed tomorrow:
-Mike Johnson (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Declined.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Pontus Netterberg
Default Contract
w/ TW

Nick Bjugstad
Default Contract
w/ TW

Ivan Telegin
Default Contract
w/TW

(They are my 3 farmie Underagers for the start of the regular season)
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Players will consider their offers. Offers adjusted to 400k in lieu with new contract offer policy.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

ERIC BREWER

750,000$/year
366,600$ Signing Bonus
3 years
PO, TO

JONATHAN BERNIER

1,200,000$/year
600,000$ Signing Bonus
5 years
PO, TO

CODY HODGSON

1,400,000$/year
700,000$ Signing Bonus
5 years
PO, TO
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The freeze is still in effect until we decide on a financial policy for FAs.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Peter Holland
2,000,000$/year (ELC... Drafted 1st round in 2009, 16th OA)
3 years
TW

***NOT ELIGIBLE FOR EXHIBIT 5 BONUSES, SINCE HE WAS SIGNED AFTER THE FREEZE***

Send to farm.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

You're not wrong. But, you have raised a problem. For the time being, we will place him in Wilkes-Barre until we come up with a solution for these guys.

Reason is this. Guys who were placed in the prospects of a team prior to EHEC will not reflect how good they would be by their draft position here. Holland really won't be all that great, definitely not worth a $2,000,000 contract. Last year's 16th overall pick, Evgeny Kuznetsov, is going to be 80 OF easy. Holland won't be anywhere near that type of player.

We'll just enter 3 years to his contract length at 875,000 until we come up with a solution. I have one in mind, just want to talk it over with Ryan and Nick.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Peter Holland - whatever till you find a solution
Shawn Matthias - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract
Carl Sneep - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + TW
Ty Wishart - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + TW
Dustin Jeffrey - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + TW
Cody Hodgson - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + Franchise Tag
Eric Brewer - DECLARED FOR ARBITRATION

(G)Jonathan Bernier - DECLARED FOR ARBITRATION
(G)Ben Bishop - DECLARED FOR ARBITRATION
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Matthias: $1,343,334

I'm working on the fastsim file now and then I'll post the other guys.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Since none were entered yet, I will postpone these contracts till the off-season to have a better financial situation.

But, please sign Peter Holland..
3 years
TW
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Peter Holland will consider your offer.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Shawn Matthias - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract
Carl Sneep - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + TW
Ty Wishart - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + TW
Dustin Jeffrey - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + TW
Cody Hodgson - Maximum extension/Minimum Contract + Franchise Tag
Eric Brewer - DECLARED FOR ARBITRATION

(G)Jonathan Bernier - DECLARED FOR ARBITRATION
(G)Ben Bishop - DECLARED FOR ARBITRATION
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Eric Tangradi - Maximum Extension/Minimum Contract
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Matthias: 1,648,750 (125% base, +200k FA, -400k SH, CH, PO, SK)
Sneep: 1,450,000 (100% base (63 OF 75 DF fastsim), +350k def. spec., -300k SH, PL, ST)
Wishart: 762,500 (25% base, -300k PL, ST, HI)
Jeffrey: 636,805
Hodgson: 4,281,250 (400% base (89 OF 79 DF fastsim)/25% franchise tag = 3,281,250, +350k off. spec., +400k SK, FA, +250k CON 80+)
Tangradi: 1,868,750 (125% base, -100k PL)

Will send you the arbitration PMs over the next couple of days.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

All players rights retained and they will consider your offer.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Cody Hodgson rejected the $4,500,000 per year, 6 year offer from Pittsburgh Penguins

Shawn Matthias has signed a $1,700,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Ty Wishart has signed a $800,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Per PIT's wishes, offered Hodgson the contract without the NTC. Apparently he rejects every dollar amount with an NTC attached. I'll add it after acceptance.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An award has been determined in the Eric Brewer arbitration.

PIT comps & proposal: Robidas, Markov, Stuart; 3.4M (max. 20% discount) for 3 years
Arbitrator comps: Ballard, Johnsson, Beauchemin

Johnsson has the highest of the arbitrator comps, however, I will throw him out as a comp because he was overpaid for (sorry Brad) in free agency. So, we have a range of Robidas's 1.7M to Ballard's 4.2M. Consider that Brewer, on the Eastern Conf. Champion, led the team in +/- and points among defensemen. He also led in blocked shots.

For all of this, that would make Brewer the most valuable defensive defenseman on the team. Much like Rob Scuderi got paid in real life for his Cup run and importance to that team, Brewer also deserves to be paid well. His previous salary of 4.25M is perhaps a little high given what other defense-oriented defensemen are making around the league. The arbitrator proposed keeping the same number, 4.25M.

As for my final ruling, Brewer certainly has earned the right to be viewed as one of the top defensemen in the Eastern Conference based on his regular season and playoff performance for a team that had a deep run. My verdict is that Brewer be given 4M per over the proposed 3 years.

Matt, you can accept/reject Eric Brewer at 4M per season for the next 3 years.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An award has been determined in the Jonathan Bernier arbitration.

PIT comps: Dubnyk, Larsson, Quick; proposed 1.1M for 3 years = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (no offense ;) )
Arbitrator comps: Nabokov, Miller, Bryzgalov, Ward

While Bernier will top out somewhere around 76 or 77 OA (76 OA fastsim), there is a definite advantage to his RIDICULOUS 91 CON. Only Henrik Lundqvist has a better CON among goaltenders. The fact that Bernier is coming off a Stanley Cup Final run, has an absurd CON, and is nowhere near the comps PIT provided, I will have to rule toward the arbitrator's number.

Again, he may not have the OF/DF/OA of some guys like Miller or Ward, but his 91 CON is highly meaningful. Since EHM was released the POT v. CON debate has been discussed at great lengths about goaltenders. Regardless of who is right, 91 CON would have to be better than an 8 POT 65-70 CON goaltender. I have no doubts in my mind about that.

My arbitrator proposed 4.25M, which is between Nabokov and Ward and equal to Bryzgalov. That number seems extremely fair to me, given his shortcomings with OF/DF/OA and his major advantage with CON. It puts him on par with his SCF combatant and gives him the raise he deserves based on his playoff performance.

Matt, you can accept/reject 4.25M for 3 years for Jonathan Bernier.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I accept Brewer.

When is the deadline for Bernier? 4.25... :lol: Dumb fuck arbitrator. (No offense)
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:When is the deadline for Bernier? 4.25... :lol: Dumb fuck arbitrator. (No offense)
The deadline is in 5 minutes because it's a no brainer decision.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

The ruling for Bernier is honestly brutal... He's 76pot and the only reason he went this far is because of the rest of the team. Would have known he would make 4.25M, I would have never ever ever traded Crosby. The whole point of trading for him was to get his low OA to sign to a lower contract. Did you take that into consideration? Obviously 90+CON helps, but it doesn't erase the fact that he will always be 76OA.

4.25 for a goalie 76OA makes no sense.

Guys with Nabokov, Miller and Ward, please post the trade and I will confirm!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:The ruling for Bernier is honestly brutal... He's 76pot and the only reason he went this far is because of the rest of the team. Would have known he would make 4.25M, I would have never ever ever traded Crosby. The whole point of trading for him was to get his low OA to sign to a lower contract. Did you take that into consideration? Obviously 90+CON helps, but it doesn't erase the fact that he will always be 76OA.

4.25 for a goalie 76OA makes no sense.

Guys with Nabokov, Miller and Ward, please post the trade and I will confirm!
HE IS 91 FUCKING CONSISTENCY.

I don't give a shit, pass on him.

No, I didn't take that in to consideration, because it has no bearing on the present. I don't care why you traded Crosby and neither does my arbitrator who handled the case. All we care about is what Bernier should be paid, following a year where he went to the Stanley Cup Finals. That's what we found. You don't like it, find a different starting goaltender and let Bernier go to free agency.

No way to prove your point about him making it this far because of the rest of the team. But, I'm not interested in hypotheticals anyway.

Your offer was embarrassing. It was a slap in the face to ALL of the hard work I did creating a new financial policy. All of it. Every single second, every single word I typed in that Rulebook. If it were up to me, I'd have put Bernier higher just because of that. But, it wasn't. My arbitrator set a number and I took it based on his arguments and your lack of. Maybe if you cared more about sending the arbitration PM instead of comparing him to goalies who have CONs of 66 and 70, Bernier would be getting less. For what it's worth, he signed in the fastsim for 4M per season. Not a perfect gauge, but an indicator nonetheless.

If you don't like the process, then let all of your FAs walk.
Adam Burke
Femur

Post by Femur »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Penguin wrote:When is the deadline for Bernier? 4.25... :lol: Dumb fuck arbitrator. (No offense)
The deadline is in 5 minutes because it's a no brainer decision.
even though this is getting a little contentious, you have to admit that is an awesome reply. if you were in my shoes, you'd be laughing as well
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I looked at every single arbitration cases and they all made sense. Just to me, this one doesn't! We obviously have different ways of thinking, but when a goalie is 76POT he's not worth more than 3M. Larsson makes 500k a year and he's 76pot. Almost 4M more for having good consistency? Really?

And, the argument you made about reaching the SC finals makes absolutely no sense with what you just said! You say you're evaluating Bernier on his numbers, not on the trade I made, but then you base it on reaching the finals. :?

I got offended by your ''no offense'' comment so I took it out on your arbitrator, sorry whoever that is...

Adam, give me the day to think on it please.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

To be honest, one of the most important things for a goalie is consistency, not overall.........
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Can I at least wait to hear what Ben Bishop will be getting?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:I looked at every single arbitration cases and they all made sense. Just to me, this one doesn't! We obviously have different ways of thinking, but when a goalie is 76POT he's not worth more than 3M. Larsson makes 500k a year and he's 76pot. Almost 4M more for having good consistency? Really?
Larsson never went through arbitration. He was signed before we changed over the financial policy. Obviously, Larsson is underpaid at 500k per. I get that. This is why I took all of my time to fix the system. Because it was clearly not good the way it used to be.
And, the argument you made about reaching the SC finals makes absolutely no sense with what you just said! You say you're evaluating Bernier on his numbers, not on the trade I made, but then you base it on reaching the finals. :?
Attributes and performance. Bernier was good during the regular season and great during the playoffs. We cannot play the "What if" game if you had a different goaltender. But I think there are GMs who would say that Columbus, SJ, Carolina, and others were just as good as your team on paper, and none of them made the finals.

You're playing the apples and oranges game. I can't fix all of the wrongs from the old financial policy. I simply cannot do that. I wish I could. I use I had thought all of EHM's financial problems through a little bit sooner. I didn't.

Again, if you do not feel that this is fair market value for Bernier, then let him walk and find someone else.
Adam, give me the day to think on it please.
Sure.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

The Pittsburgh Penguins will accept Jonathan Bernier's ruling. Only because of his god damn name! And, because I know Bishop will also be getting an early Christmas gift from the arbitration system...
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Let this case serve as a lesson for the rest of the arbitration cases. If you remove yourself with a lowball (read: less than market value) offer, then you have no real say in the hearing. Then it's up to my and the arbitrator's discretion. If Bern comes back with a legitimate offer like 2.5-2.75M, then maybe I see his point and roll with a 3.5 or 3.75M number. But, when you remove yourself from the discussion, then you have no bargaining chips.

Not meant to make fun at Bern's expense, and that was unprofessional of me, I apologize for that.
Adam Burke
Parker

Post by Parker »

Bern, if you don't think Bernier is worth anywhere near that much I am sure that other GM's who disagree would be more than happy to trade for him. You could trade him for a guy like Rick Dipietro, who sucks despite being 80OA. Or a guy like him who isn't as overpaid on an insane lifetime contract. You know what I mean though... if you don't think he's worth what he's being paid but the rest of the league does, then at the very least you still have a valuable trade chip.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Looks like a Bernier for Bryzgalov trade proposal to me.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Dustin Jeffrey has signed a $650,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Eric Tangradi has signed a $1,800,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Carl Sneep has signed a $1,500,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An arbitration award has been determined for Ben Bishop.

PIT comps & proposed number: Dubnyk, Quick, Larsson; 3 years at 900k
Arbitrator comps: Harding

We're looking at a classic case of a very good backup goaltender. Bishop has very high CON, but no overall track record to gauge performance well enough to find comparables.

The difference between this case with Bishop and the Bernier case is that while the two are relatively similar in OV and CON, Bernier did exceed his POT, Bishop will likely stay stagnant, and Bernier had the resume of success of a Stanley Cup Finals run in EHEC this year. Bishop does not have that. So, while the process looks at attributes, performance also has to be accounted for. So, too, does the workload that each guy will face. If this was a platoon situation, Bernier receives less and Bishop receives more.

Realizing that there's a good chance that Bishop plays somewhere between 10-15 games, there's no way to legitimize a high salary for him, especially with his lack of a track record.

My arbitrator proposed 2M, with the assumption that it gave me a wide middle ground range to pick from.

I will indeed pull from the middle ground in this case. I award Bishop a salary of 1.4M for the next 3 years. It keeps Bishop below the AHL minimum, along with his other similar brethren and pays him what a real life backup with tons of consistency would make.

Matt, you can accept/reject Bishop at 1.4M per year for the next 3 years.
Adam Burke
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I will accept. But, can you add a TW to his contract?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Penguin wrote:I will accept. But, can you add a TW to his contract?
Sure.
Adam Burke

Return to “Contract Offers”