jan 2

Post by Jets GM »

up
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: jan 2

Post by SharksGM »

Well, I suppose playing to a tie on the road and gambling on the shootout is better than losing outright.

If anyone cares, I've noticed that EHM seems to be giving vopatizing players in the AHL negative fighting, which screws up file reading - there's supposed to be two spaces between each number in players.ehm and the minus sign takes up one of them. Anyway, for now I'm periodically boosting the fighting ratings of players this happens to. This should stop once losers like Brad Marchand are out of the league.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 amIf anyone cares, I've noticed that EHM seems to be giving vopatizing players in the AHL negative fighting, which screws up file reading - there's supposed to be two spaces between each number in players.ehm and the minus sign takes up one of them. Anyway, for now I'm periodically boosting the fighting ratings of players this happens to. This should stop once losers like Brad Marchand are out of the league.
My solution is to replace any "-" in a string with " -" when reading the file.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 am
SharksGM wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 amIf anyone cares, I've noticed that EHM seems to be giving vopatizing players in the AHL negative fighting, which screws up file reading - there's supposed to be two spaces between each number in players.ehm and the minus sign takes up one of them. Anyway, for now I'm periodically boosting the fighting ratings of players this happens to. This should stop once losers like Brad Marchand are out of the league.
Yeah there are lots of workarounds, but EHM shouldn't be giving negative attributes in the first place. I don't know why it bothers with double spacing everything in the first place when one space would do.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm
Vik (Habs) wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 am
Yeah there are lots of workarounds, but EHM shouldn't be giving negative attributes in the first place. I don't know why it bothers with double spacing everything in the first place when one space would do.
Been a few years since I've done it but, if memory serves, it's how VisualBasic does it. I think it's if you do...
Print a, b, c
Where a, b, and c are all numbers, it puts two spaces between each of them if positive or one and a - if negative. So blame VB rather than EHM for the two spaces I guess is what I'm saying.

Return to “2018-2019 EHEC Regular Season”