SharksGM
Site Admin

April 8, 2019

Post by SharksGM »

Results here: https://ehec.pro/schedule.php

Standings here: https://ehec.pro/standings.php

League leaders here: https://ehec.pro/leagueleaders.php

League file here: https://ehec.pro/EHEC.zip

Tonight brings to a close EHEC's tenth regular season. Not bad, eh?

Montreal already clinched the President's Trophy a while ago. Rick Nash wins the Rocket Richard in a landslide with 47 goals to Ovechkin's 42. Marian Gaborik wins the Art Ross with 93 points, edging out Ovechkin at 89. OEL and Fowler finish 1-2 in defense scoring with 62 and 60 points, respectively. Philly had the fewest GA at 189, so I suppose that means Jack Campbell earns the Jennings, although I'd say that Lundqvist probably earned the Vezina.

Anaheim's drubbing of LA means that Edmonton holds on to #1 in the West with 112 points and 50 ROW, while Arizona retains second with 48 ROW. Anaheim and LA finish tied with 111 points, but Anaheim had 48 ROW to LA's 46 and so the Ducks get home ice. The Stars and Jets finished 6th & 7th. The Flames have their 18 point penalty applied in the form of 2 wins downgraded to regulation losses, and 14 wins downgraded to OT/SOL, which sadly means that they finish with just 35 ROW. Better luck next year.

Florida demolishes Tampa Bay to force the only tie situation in the East, and indeed they're also tied at 39 ROW (7 SOW for Florida and 5 for TB). The next tiebreaker is head-to-head record, and surprisingly the Panthers went 3-2 including that last win (2 shootout wins earlier in the season vs two regulation losses on the road, but ROW don't matter here), so the Panthers get the #3 seed and Tampa Bay have to settle for #4.

That means the playoff matchups are:

#1 EDM vs #8 SJ
#2 ARZ vs #7 WPG
#3 CHI vs #6 DAL
#4 ANA vs #5 LA

#1 MTL vs #8 TOR
#2 PHI vs #7 CBS
#3 FLA vs #6 NYR
#4 TB vs #5 WSH

On the other end of the spectrum, the odds for the lottery are:

BOS 20% (TOR)
OTT 13.5% (EDM)
MIN 11.5% (VAN)
NJ 9.5% (CBJ)
DAL via BUF 8.5% (CGY)
SJ via COL 7.5% (WPG)
LA via NSH 6.5% (ARZ)
CAR 6% (BUF)
PIT 5% (MTL)
OTT via NYI 3.5% (COL)
STL 3% (NJD)
DET 2.5% (OTT)
WPG via VAN 2% (CAR)
WPG via CGY 1% (BOS)

We'll do like previous years and draw random numbers and look up the winning combinations from the 2016 lottery tables: http://jets.nhl.com/v2/ext/draft/NHL-Lo ... erical.pdf. More on that once it's scheduled.

Let the playoffs begin!
Vik (Habs)

Re: April 8, 2019

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:11 amFlorida demolishes Tampa Bay to force the only tie situation in the East, and indeed they're also tied at 39 ROW (7 SOW for Florida and 5 for TB). The next tiebreaker is head-to-head record, and surprisingly the Panthers went 3-2 including that last win (2 shootout wins earlier in the season vs two regulation losses on the road, but ROW don't matter here), so the Panthers get the #3 seed and Tampa Bay have to settle for #4.
Went through this here. As per the NHL site...
If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included.
So you end up dropping the first game in Tampa (which Florida won) leaving Florida at 2-2 and Tampa at 2-1-1 in the head-to-head. Therefore, Tampa gets #3.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I read that as 'if the two clubs are tied in points earned against each other', otherwise the qualifier is redundant. And then the rest of that procedure seems nonsensical. You don't count Florida's first win because it was on the road?

I suppose it is a very NHL thing to do to mitigate home ice advantage by punishing teams that win on the road.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:08 amI read that as 'if the two clubs are tied in points earned against each other', otherwise the qualifier is redundant. And then the rest of that procedure seems nonsensical. You don't count Florida's first win because it was on the road?

I suppose it is a very NHL thing to do to mitigate home ice advantage by punishing teams that win on the road.
It's 'if two clubs are tied' as opposed to 'if more than two clubs are tied'.

Playoffs start tomorrow?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Vik (Habs) wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:41 pm
SharksGM wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:08 amI read that as 'if the two clubs are tied in points earned against each other', otherwise the qualifier is redundant. And then the rest of that procedure seems nonsensical. You don't count Florida's first win because it was on the road?

It's 'if two clubs are tied' as opposed to 'if more than two clubs are tied'.

Playoffs start tomorrow?
Tomorrow? I say at least a two day breather!
Most recent file here.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

what a disapointing year. I knew there would be a drop without Ovi but I thought Ebs could make up some points. Conner and Zach getting hurt didn't help. I'll be looking to make some move here once trading resumes.
NYI GM

Return to “2018-2019 EHEC Regular Season”