Wojtek Wolski: 1 Year, $3,100,000, Team Option, Default SB
Chris Stewart: 3 Years, $1,100,000, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB
Ruslan Salei: 2 Years, $2,000,000, Team Option, $2,000,000 SB
Chris Bourque: 3 Years, $750,000, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB

Lake Erie Monsters
Tyler Weiman: 3 Years, $650,000, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB
Milan Jurcina: 1 Year, $1,800,000, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB
Wes O'Neill: 3 Years, $1,100,000, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB

Also sign the following players with a mandatory 30% raise to 1 year contracts, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB:
Alex Foster, Brian Fahey, Brett Skinner, Brian Willsie, Matt Hendricks, Codey Burki, Tom Fritsche, Marty Sertich, Chris Durno, David Koci, Brandon Yip, Andris Dzerins, Darren Haydar
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Colorado Offers

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Chris Bourque's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Philippe Dupuis's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Marek Svatos's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

TJ Hensick's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Wojtek Wolski's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer. (if accepted, contract will be edited to 3.1M)

Chris Stewart's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Tyler Weiman's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Milan Jurcina's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer. (no two-way offered as he is ineligible to play in the AHL with a salary above 1.2M)

Wes O'Neill's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Alex Foster's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Brian Fahey's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Brett Skinner's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Brian Willsie will consider your offer.

Matt Hendricks's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Marty Sertich's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Chris Durno's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

David Koci's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Brandon Yip's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer. (contract reset to 975k if accepted)

Darren Haydar's rights will remain with you as a qualifying offer has been extended. He will consider your offer.

Tom Fritsche, Codey Burki and Andris Dzerzins will only accept offers for a two-year contract.

Offer to Ruslan Salei is invalid per Rule 5G. Signing bonus may not exceed 50% of base yearly salary. Please re-submit offer in compliance with Rule 5G.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Wes O'Neill has signed a $1,100,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Milan Jurcina has signed a $1,800,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Philippe Dupuis has signed a $750,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Wojtek Wolski has signed a $3,000,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Chris Stewart has signed a $1,100,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Alex Foster has signed a $550,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Matt Hendricks has signed a $650,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Brian Willsie has signed a $800,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Marek Svatos has signed a $2,500,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Marty Sertich has signed a $650,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

T.J. Hensick has signed a $1,100,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Tyler Weiman has signed a $650,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Darren Haydar has signed a $700,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Chris Durno has signed a $650,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Brian Fahey has signed a $650,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

David Koci has signed a $750,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Chris Bourque has signed a $750,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Brett Skinner has signed a $650,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Brandon Yip has signed a $1,000,000 per year, 1 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Drew Doughty: 3 Years, $2,625,000, Team Option, Default SB
Zach Parise: 3 Years, $6,800,000, Team Option, Default SB
Wojtek Wolski: 1 Year, $2,250,000, Team Option, Default SB
Mike Smith: 1 Year, $2,000,000, Team Option, Default SB
Alex Foster: 1 Year, $600,000, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Doughty's contract is going to be altered because of the fastsim results. Remember, it's projected for the younger guys. Some guys are done developing, but Doughty is not.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Steve Bernier: 1 Year, $1,500,000, Team Option, Default SB
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Doughty: 4,775,000
Parise: 5,468,750
Wolski: 2,325,000
Smith: Arbitrator as a goaltender
Foster: 687,500
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Doughty: 4,775,000
Parise: 5,468,750
Wolski: 2,325,000
Smith: Arbitrator as a goaltender
Foster: 687,500
Thanks for the update. All of those figures will be fine with the same options I have listed above.

Drew Doughty: 3 Years, $4,775,000, Team Option, Default SB
Zach Parise: 3 Years, $5,468,750, Team Option, Default SB
Wojtek Wolski: 1 Year, $2,325,000, Team Option, Default SB
Mike Smith: Arbitration
Alex Foster: 1 Year, $687,500, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Colorado has declined to offer arbitration to Mike Smith. He will be an UFA. I'm sure you'll all be very excited to hear that.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

New Contract Offers
Craig Anderson: Arbitration.
T.J. Galiardi: 2 Years, Team Option, Two-Way, Default SB, Salary to be calculated
Justin Mercier: 2 Years, Team Option, Two-Way, Default SB, Salary to be calculated

Existing Contract Offers
Drew Doughty: 3 Years, Team Option, Default SB, Salary to be calculated
Zach Parise: 3 Years, Team Option, Default SB, Salary to be calculated
Alex Foster: 1 Year, Two-Way, Team Option, Default SB, Salary to be calculated
Steve Bernier: 1 Year, Team Option, Default SB, Salary to be calculated
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Galiardi: 793,750
Mercier: default in-game
Doughty: 4,575,000 (400% base, +200k SK)
Parise: 4,887,500
Foster: default in-game (accidentally offered 4 year deal, will be edited if accepted)
Bernier: 2,400,000 (125% base, +350 def. spec, -200k PL, PE)
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Minor leaguers + Parise + Doughty offered. Parise and Doughty's rights will remain with you.

Not sure if you wanted to offer Bernier 2.4M or not. Post back and let me know.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Decline on Bernier.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An award has been determined in the MISTER Anderson arbitration case.

COL comps: McElhinney, Niemi, Howard
Arbitrator comps: Ellis, Leighton, Niemi

Considering that almost all of these contracts were UFA/previous financial system, it's hard to take any of them as comps in to consideration. But, with most backup goaltenders, it will be hard to find any that aren't UFA in our file right now unless they are better than average backups.

Anderson is a quality backup because of his high CON, but there are AHL goaltenders, the ones who are the focus of the over-salary threshold fastsim guys, who are better than Anderson. In light of what will probably be our AHL goaltender policy, and the fact that both COL and my arbitrator proposed the same number, that's what we'll use. A 17% discount to make Anderson at 1.5M even.

Quinn, you can accept/reject MISTER Anderson at 1.5M for 2 years.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Accepted. Welcome back, MISTER Anderson.

Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Zach Parisé has signed a $5,000,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

T.J. Galiardi has signed a $800,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Justin Mercier has signed a $800,000 per year, 2 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Drew Doughty has signed a $4,500,000 per year, 3 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Alex Foster has signed a $550,000 per year, 4 year deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Detailed terms of the deal were not announced.

Contract length edited to what COL asked for.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Matt Duchene: 3 years, Team Option, Default SB, $4,600,000
Ryan O'Reilly: 3 years, Team Option, Default SB, $975,000
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

As I told OTT, contracts will be done later in the season.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

If I wait longer, I may have to pay Duchene more. Isn't that why we are allowed to do it after January 1, per the rulebook?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

AvsGM wrote:If I wait longer, I may have to pay Duchene more. Isn't that why we are allowed to do it after January 1, per the rulebook?
From this post, we're going to take the higher of the fastsim file or current file anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Unless of course there's regression in the fastsim file.

Last year, we were still working through the financial policy and we just lumped all of the contracts together. I had a contract freeze in place and then from this post, I said I was going to enter them all in one time period.

I don't know what to do. I've got some shit to do and it's already 11:45 and I just got back from driving 3.5 hrs, including half of that in pounding rain on tires with no tread. I'll look at this again tomorrow.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Colorado offers the default contract for Scottie Upshall (2 way) and Anton Lander (2 way) each for 3 seasons.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Duchene (89/72 fastsim): 5.2M (4.5 base + 350k off spec + 250k CON + 200k SK - 100k HI)
O'RLY (75/68 fastsim): 1,962,500 (1.9125 base + 250k CON - 200k SH, CH)
Upshall: Arbitration
Lander: 500k (25% inc.)
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Default offer to Comrie, 1 year, 2 way.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Comrie: Arbitration
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Liles and Jackman to arbitration.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

McDonald to arbitration.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Formula contracts offered.

Comrie is asking for 2.3M. Not sure what amount he'll actually sign for, but he's definitely not getting that in arbitration or if I just offer him a contract. Let me know what you want to do.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Formula contracts offered.

Comrie is asking for 2.3M. Not sure what amount he'll actually sign for, but he's definitely not getting that in arbitration or if I just offer him a contract. Let me know what you want to do.
:lol:

I didn't see his name in the arbitration hearings thread. Could I offer him the same contract (no reduction), 1 year, 2 way, team option?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

AvsGM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Formula contracts offered.

:lol:

I didn't see his name in the arbitration hearings thread. Could I offer him the same contract (no reduction), 1 year, 2 way, team option?
Yeah, I was gonna try and have one less case, but I don't see that happening.

Players have to sign for their arbitration number. We do the negotiating as humans, not EHM.

Comrie will have to go to arb. I'll post a date later tonight. It's a slight lull now, but it thoroughly picks up over from 6/15-6/23.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An award has been determined in the Scottie Upshall arbitration.

Terms: 3 yrs
GM proposal: 1.5M; comps: Pyatt, Asham
Agent proposal: 1.9M; comps: Kennedy, Bourque, LaRose, Burrows, Chimera

Obviously, Upshall-type players are fairly common in the EHEC file. One thing Upshall seems to do that a majority of those guys don't is produce points as a mid-60's OF player. Another thing that Upshall has on all of those guys is a CON in the 80s and that's something to seriously consider with a third line player.

Overall, nothing jumps off the table about Upshall. He's better offensively than both of the GM's listed comps, and a mixed bag of the agent's players. It's hard to justify a decrease or a raise for Upshall. He has overachieved with his attributes and his 82 CON is a big feather in his cap. A better defensive player with a far lower CON in Raffi Torres was just awarded 2M. The question here is if the HI and SH of Torres is worth more than CON of Upshall. That's a hard call to make. Normally, I would side with the agent in this instance because his range of comps is much closer to Upshall. However, the length of this contract puts me in the middle of the 1.5-1.9M range.

As a result, I award Upshall $1,750,000 for the next 3 seasons.

Quinn, you can accept or reject the award.

The rest of your players should be done tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

I'll accept for Scottie Upshall, of course. Welcome back!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Awards have been determined in the arbitrations of John-Michael Liles and Barret Jackman.

Liles
Terms: 3 yrs
GM proposal: 3M per; comps: Corvo, Byfuglien
Agent proposal: 4.5M per; comps: Campbell, Martin, Gilbert, Redden, Enstrom

Like a lot of these cases, comparables are all over the board in terms of their salaries. Campbell is vastly overpaid in real life, and also in EHEC. Campbell is, with a reasonable salary, a decent comp to Liles, though rated slightly better and with a higher CON. Martin has a higher CON and more leadership ability, Gilbert is just a better player, Redden falls into the Campbell boat as being overpaid. Enstrom would be a better comparison if his HI wasn't dangerously low for a defenseman. Liles at least has a competitive HI attribute for not being a strong defensive defenseman.

The GM comps are closer to Liles's attributes but were well behind him in production. Liles's 37 assists alone are more points than Corvo and Byfuglien had. It must be considered that Liles's production is also for the eighth-worst team in the league in goals scored this past season. Furthermore, just 5 of Liles 37 assists came on the powerplay.

As most players, Liles played better with a contract on the line, jumping up 10 points from 09-10 and 8 points from 10-11. He was also the sixth-worst defenseman in +/-.

I think it's important to consider that Liles was tied for 12th among all defensemen in assists, alongside a player like 80 OF John Moore and ahead of guys like Burns, Lidstrom, Doughty, Kulikov, Ellis and Seabrook.

To consider Liles a 4M+ player given the other players in the file making 4M is a bit of a crazy thought. That said, Liles has performed well for a less-than-mediocre Colorado team over the three seasons of EHEC. By no means does his play warrant a large decrease.

Because Liles is going to get a three-year deal, I'm going to go slightly less than the midpoint in this case. Both sides made reasonable cases, and I would give Liles closer to the agent's number if this were a one-year deal. With a three-year deal on the line, I'll award Liles $3,500,000 per season.

Jackman
Terms: 1 yr
GM proposal: 2.6M per; comps: Salei, McLaren
Agent proposal: 3.7M per; comps: Scuderi, Allen, Commodore, Mitchell

Barret Jackman is the ideal 3rd pairing defenseman. He has high HI with a reasonable CON and a decent measure of leadership. As somebody who attempted to acquire Jackman, and wound up with agent comp Bryan Allen instead, there is certainly value in a player like Jackman. The Salei comp, to me, is relatively invalid in this case. Jackman is 7 years younger than Salei and has a higher PE with a higher HI. The higher PE/HI may be negated by Salei's 80 CON, but Salei, if he is signed this offseason, is going to start regressing and could possibly be out of the league within a year or two. McLaren is more reasonable.

The agent comps are pretty solid in this case. Scuderi's very low OF, even when compared to Jackman, can be evened out by 80+ CON. Allen is quite similar to Jackman, but the issue with Allen is that he makes 700k less than Jackman. Commodore is nearly right on par with every attribute except for his 80+ CON. Jackman's, at 69, won't hurt you, but it's not a well above average CON like 80. Mitchell is another 80+ CON defenseman, but Jackman's higher HI is a feather in his cap.

I find that Jackman is somewhere between all four of McLaren, Scuderi, Commodore, and Allen. In terms of his game-to-game effort, Jackman performs below his attributes. However, as a 80+ HI defenseman with a CON that won't hurt his team and being one of four players on the Avs with an LE above 70, Jackman has more value to Colorado than he would on the open market.

I award Barret Jackman $3,400,000 for the 2012-13 season, right on par with Scuderi.

Quinn, you can accept/reject these awards.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Accepted for Liles.

When is the deadline to accept/reject Jackman?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

AvsGM wrote:When is the deadline to accept/reject Jackman?
Before he goes to FA. That'll be a while.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

An award has been determined in the Andy McDonald arbitration.

Terms: 1 yr
GM proposal: 2.5M; comps: Dubinsky (cited before formula contract raise), Prospal
Agent proposal: 3.75M; comps: Boyes, Kariya, T. Connolly

Right off the top, a 50 point season is not worth a 29.1% decrease from the previous season's base salary. In an indescribable turn of events, on a team full of -20s and -30s, Andy McDonald was a +17. For McDonald to average just 14 minutes of ice time per game, yet rack up .62 PPG, with just 7 total points on the powerplay means that he played extremely well at even strength. McDonald is obviously hindered by his low HI and could explain the 104 PIM he racked up on the season.

McDonald doesn't possess the leadership that Kariya has, but in terms of age and production, these two were very similar. McDonald's 78 FA is not ideal, but he can play C in a pinch and did win slightly over half of his draws last season.

If McDonald had stronger leadership capabilities, he would be worth close to the full amount of what his agent believes he is worth. I also don't believe that McDonald did anything to warrant less money, as he scored 20 even strength goals and played well with little ice time on a team without a lot of forward depth, even outscoring more talented teammate Milan Hejduk.

I award McDonald another year at his current price of $3,525,000 for the 2012-13 season.

Quinn, you can accept/reject this award.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Accepted for McDonald. Welcome back!
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Reject Jackman.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Jackman will be a free agent. Min bid is 2,718,750.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Liles and McDonald contracts entered.
Adam Burke
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Back to this whole Comrie mess, I'm fine with bumping Comrie up to 1.15M, a raise of 250k based on his solid 2010-11 for you, even though he sucked in 2011-12.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Do it, one year, 2 way.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Done.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Please sign Filip Forsberg to the ELC.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

ELC offered.
Adam Burke

Return to “Contract Offers”