Pandemic

Moderator: SharksGM

IslandersGM

Pandemic

Post by IslandersGM »

Hey all- hope you area all doing well and not sick! At least we can keep the NHL going in some fashion! Stay safe all - they have yet to cancel schools here in Alberta ( though other provinces have already done so).
NYI GM
Jets_GM

Re: Pandemic

Post by Jets_GM »

It's Very surreal. Went to go pickup shampoo and people were going nuts
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

I have made all the necessary steps to not leave home for the next weeks or even a month and I am going to stay at home for the whole time. I recommend to do the same to all of you. Stay at home and stay safe. At least we have EHEC.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

The worst part is all the corporations and companies that are putting profit before public health. It's insane.
Jets_GM

Post by Jets_GM »

Dallas Stars GM wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:28 pm I have made all the necessary steps to not leave home for the next weeks or even a month and I am going to stay at home for the whole time. I recommend to do the same to all of you. Stay at home and stay safe. At least we have EHEC.
Yeah well we haven't cancelled things at my workplace yet and I am not salary.

Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

social distancing!
Most recent file here.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Tampa Bay GM wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:13 pm social distancing!
I've been practicing for years.
Jets_GM

Post by Jets_GM »

Me: Gets a regular flu

Family: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :o
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Vik (Habs) wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:26 pm
Tampa Bay GM wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:13 pm social distancing!
I've been practicing for years.
I was born ready
Most recent file here.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Glad you guys are taking it seriously. I am self-isolating at home - I have a somewhat weakened immune system and was in New England March 1-2.

There are asshats EVERYWHERE mocking this and deliberately spreading misinformation - it is INFURIATING!

Not to mention the selfish shit-encrusted assholes still packing bars.

If you're able, stay the fuck home!
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Jets_GM

Post by Jets_GM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:17 pm Glad you guys are taking it seriously. I am self-isolating at home - I have a somewhat weakened immune system and was in New England March 1-2.

There are asshats EVERYWHERE mocking this and deliberately spreading misinformation - it is INFURIATING!

Not to mention the selfish shit-encrusted assholes still packing bars.

If you're able, stay the fuck home!
Yeah got a regular flu and I was like yeah...not going to work today.
Dallas Stars GM

It's a SARS number 2. It's not as fatal as its predecessor but it's much more infectous, contagious and spreading. The biggest danger of this virus is not its power, but its proliferation and its incubation period that can take 14 or even more days and the number of how many people can suffer from it at once (as it can comepletly overwhelm the healthcare, f.e. like it is happening in Italy and Italians have little to no discipline as a society, same goes for Spain and Germans are too much of a "liberals" so they refuse to obey and to do as ordered, these are the main reasons why they are suffering from it so much and it will take a long time for them to overcome it). So we have to stay at home and do all the necessary measures to give our 100% of effort EVERY DAY to try to avoid it. Finding vaccine for it is not possible at all at the moment. The only and the most possible way how to beat it is to find the right medication to moderate and to suppress the disease so that it does not become so dangerous for the organism, especially the lungs as it's causing serious respiration problems that leads to death to all polymorbid or people whose health is somewhat weaker, especially to older population. Scientists need come up with treatment that has good results and they have to do it fast. I hope that they will come out with something sooner than later.

P.S.: The virus must have escaped the lab from Wu-Zhan Institute of Virology where they research the most dangerous pathogens of the world such as SARS, MERS, Ebola, AIDS and viruses (such as corona-viruses). I doubt that they made it on purpose, I think it was an accident. It jumped on an animal on a Wu-Zhan city seafood market and then it mutated, so the human body does not recognize it and therefore can not find antibodies to defend itself.
Jets_GM

Post by Jets_GM »

Dallas Stars GM wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 am Italians have little to no discipline as a society, same goes for Spain and Germans are too much of a "liberals" so they refuse to obey and to do as ordered, these are the main reasons why they are suffering from it so much and it will take a long time for them to overcome it).
This is hardly a country thing and more of an idiot thing. We all have a bunch of stupid idiots out there.

Dallas Stars GM wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 am P.S.: The virus must have escaped the lab from Wu-Zhan Institute of Virology where they research the most dangerous pathogens of the world such as SARS, MERS, Ebola, AIDS and viruses (such as corona-viruses). I doubt that they made it on purpose, I think it was an accident. It jumped on an animal on a Wu-Zhan city seafood market and then it mutated, so the human body does not recognize it and therefore can not find antibodies to defend itself.
I'm going to need a source, otherwise I'm calling this out as complete and utter batshit crazy nonsense.
Dallas Stars GM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... enter.html

It's a theory based on some facts. I'm not saying it has to be true but it totally makes sense to me. Feel free to have your own opinion/conclusion. First of all, let's just hope and believe, that we're all going to be fine.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm not clicking on a Daily Mail link, but these conspiracy theories fail every application of Occam's razor. Anyway, stay safe and responsible.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Been a crazy week at school ( teacher here for those new). AS of last Saturday we were still operation. I go in Sunday to spread the desks apart ( social distancing) and they announce closed indefinitely. Right now i'm luck to be on contract till June but this messes up a the hiring process for me as that won't be a priority.

But this week was batshit crazy. Bagging kids belongings so they could get their stuff and then making plans for how to roll out online work after spring break which we are now on till the 30th. Told not to think about the work and use this to reset but I'm still not ready for that Monday - not that anyone else is perfectly ready so I'll prep a bit and work on some stuff at home here. I've got enough to last a bit but if they shut everything down - (did they keep supermarkets open in Italy???) I may be in tough. all about the rationing and stocking up without being stupid - so many shortages already. Lots of pasta coming my way!

Stay safe all!

BTW I went to the zoo just to boo the Penguins and Bruins, I stomped on a Leaf and then I lit a candle just so I could put out a Flame!
NYI GM
Dallas Stars GM

They didn't shut down supermarkets in Italy or Spain, but you can only buy food and groceries inside and there is limited number of people who can be in the building at once. I think it's a great idea to buy lots of food, medicine and especially vitamin C, D and zync and also some multivitamin to strengthen your immunity system.
ShansterCGY

Post by ShansterCGY »

I'm a professor, and had to scramble over a weekend to convert 6 courses into online delivery. That was fun...
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Yikes, hope everyone is staying safe
Most recent file here.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”