Ranking of prospects headed into 2021 season:
1. Alexander Holtz: Holtz will be starting the season up with the big boys. He is slotted to be playing on the 3rd line on opening night. It will be interesting to see how he does in the NHL after scoring 57 goals and 96 points in the AHL last season. The coaching staff has high expectations for him.
2. Kent Johnson: Kent was the first player taken in the most recent draft by the Ducks. The organization is hoping he lives up to his expectation. He will be playing in the AHL this season where he should be able to put up big numbers like Holtz did last year.
3. Alexander Pashin: Pashin was taken in the second round in the 2020 draft. He is undersized but has the skill to play in the NHL one day if he keeps developing. He will be playing in juniors again like he did last season as well. The scouts are hopeful that he keeps progressing and Alexander is determined that his size will not hold him back.
4. Benjamin Gaudreau: Benjamin was taken in the 1st round of the most recent draft. He is a goalie with very consistent play. The team was satisfied with how he played in the preseason earning 3 wins in 5 games played. He will be continuing his development this season playing in juniors.
5. Evan Nause: Evan was also selected in the 1st round of the recent draft. He is a consistent defenseman but he may be a little behind in terms of development than what the team's scouts initially thought before selecting him in the draft. The hope is that he has a great season in juniors and that he starts to progress quicker and one day be a solid NHL level defensemen.
The Ducks seem to be happy with their young players and recent draft selections. It will be interesting to see how all of these promising players' careers pan out in the future.