Waiver Day and Season Start

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

Waiver Day and Season Start

Post by SharksGM »

The preseason is complete and the final sims prior to the start of the regular season are up. All tryouts have been sent back to juniors. The first game is on Thursday, but before then, we have Waiver Day to deal with.

Please have all of your rosters in order by Monday at 11:59:59 EST. On Tuesday, anyone age 24 or older in the AHL will be available to claim from waivers. The list of eligible players is available here: https://ehec.pro/ufa.php?waiver=1

On Wednesday, we'll check rosters and cap compliance. You don't technically need to be compliant until your first game, but it'll be easier for everyone if you are. You will also need to choose your two under 20 AHL eligible players: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8389. If you decide to hold off on choosing one or two of them for a few days, that's fine, but you can't change your choices during the season so there's no advantage to doing so.

Teams must have 22 or 23 skaters at all times with at least 12F, 6D and 2G. The cap is 60M.

For those of you managing two teams, I think the simplest option is to register a new account for your second team. Although it would be possible to have one forums account manage two teams, I can't think of a way to make it convenient, and it's extra work to code and test for me.

Any questions?
flyergp21

Re: Waiver Day and Season Start

Post by flyergp21 »

Any min or max of players claimed or taken from one team in the waiver draft?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Once a player is claimed, you fall back to the end of the picking order which is taken from last year’s standings.

Also, you can’t demote a guy you just picked off waivers for at least a week... and it should probably be a month like IRL.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm Once a player is claimed, you fall back to the end of the picking order which is taken from last year’s standings.

Also, you can’t demote a guy you just picked off waivers for at least a week... and it should probably be a month like IRL.

Hold the phone.

So you're telling me if we make a waiver claim we get pushed to the end of the line?

Also IRL = Here, same speed yo
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

We'll keep track of waiver priority for waiver day only, just so that teams that finished near the bottom last season don't get priority on every claim they make. We'll figure out priority in the order the claims are made and they'll be resolved at the end of the day, so claim the player you want most first.

I doubt it will make much of a difference given how quiet last season's waiver day was but we'll see.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Quick clarification on cap calculations. Is the cap calculated on a game basis or daily basis?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DevilsGM wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:12 pm Quick clarification on cap calculations. Is the cap calculated on a game basis or daily basis?
Per game.

Return to “League Memos”