February 26, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

February 26, 2021

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Trade galore 🙃
Speaking of which, it feels like every time I sim to next day, Detroit gets a trade offer and I have no idea why. I'm not always on Detroit, the game doesn't know it's my team, and yet it always seems to happen, usually involving Philadelphia acquiring Yakovenko for their 2nd pairing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tonight's game summary, brought to you by the CPC, Canada premier conveyers of bullshit.

The first game on the evening saw the Devils kill off a Jonathan Drouin OT penalty, with former Prime Minister Stephen Harper picking up the OT winner.

Last weekend, during the games I simmed, the Penguins had two high scoring games, first losing 7-0 and then tying 5-5. This weekend starts in a similar manner, but this time the Pens pick up a 7-5 victory over the wild.
Having jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first, they proceeded to completely blow that, going into the third tied 3-3 and falling behind nearly 3 minutes into the third. But then they came roaring back, scoring two in under two minutes, before letting the Wild tie it up again less than a minute later. Svechnikov took matters into his own hands with about 5min left and then got the insurance marker into the empty net.

Dallas beat the Canucks 4-2 in the relatively normal third game, while the Islanders followed that up with their own 4-2 victory over Ottawa. Luca Hischier ended up with a minor head injury in that one, but there was no call on the play and no supplemental discipline because George Parros doesn't have a clue what a head shot is.

Montreal made it three 4-2 games in a row in their win over the Panthers, who could only manage 13 shots on goal, while San Jose was close to giving us connect four, but let the Jets score with less than 2 minutes remaining, so it ended 4-3 instead. Slightly unfortunate news for both teams - Nolan Patrick is out more than a month and Ryan Kesler picked up an attempt to injure penalty on the play, so is suspended for 2 games.

Finally, Anaheim and Chicago also tried and failed their attempted 4-2, but they screwed up earlier in the game and in a different way, having been tied at 3-3 early in the third. Yaroslav Alshevsky picked up the unassisted short-handed winner in that one.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: February 26, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:21 am Speaking of which, it feels like every time I sim to next day, Detroit gets a trade offer and I have no idea why. I'm not always on Detroit, the game doesn't know it's my team, and yet it always seems to happen, usually involving Philadelphia acquiring Yakovenko for their 2nd pairing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not just you. I've been tempted to just accept the trade or launch Yakovenko into the sun to make it stop.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Why would CPU trade offers be turned on?
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

AvalancheGM wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:02 am Why would CPU trade offers be turned on?
It's not, but they're still popping up regularly.

Return to “2020-2021 EHEC Regular Season”