April 10, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

April 10, 2021

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

A bunch of auto-signed AHLers because the game requires valid AHL lines even though the AHL teams don't play (specifically for Chicago, Nashville, and Dallas).

Chicago takes game 1 by a 4-1 score. Brock Nelson ended his 12 game goal drought in the process.

Two goals for Mikhail Grigorenko, including the winner, led Dallas to a 6-2 victory over St. Louis. On the bright side for the Blues, Kristian Vesalainen ended a 20 game goal and point drought.

The favourites continued winning with Edmonton picking up a 3-2 win against Arizona during a game most notable for having a fight halfway through the first. Similar to the Blues, the bright spot for Arizona was Thomas Chabot ending a 24 game goal drought.

Shock of all shocks, San Jose won a game that I simmed o.O Tarasenko led the way with a goal and three assists as the game swung from 2-0 SJ to 2-2 before three straight in the third (all of which saw Tarasenko as the secondary assist). Kyle Quincey got an attempt to injure (Taylor Beck is out for a month, so 2 game suspension for Quincey), later fighting Nicklas Backstrom as a result, while there were also 4 pairs of off-setting roughing penalties. This game also featured the only powerplay goal of the night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: April 10, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

Serves me right for not sorting out playoff suspension rules. 2 games for knocking out a guy for 40 days (potentially three series) is weak sauce.

Anyway, thank you Jeff Carter and Vladimir Tarasenko, please keep it up for another 15-20 games.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:58 pm Serves me right for not sorting out playoff suspension rules. 2 games for knocking out a guy for 40 days (potentially three series) is weak sauce.
That thought did occur to me, though a brief glance at the lineups suggested the trade-off might benefit you this series (1st pairing defenceman for 4th line forward), albeit only for the next two games.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DetroitGM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:24 pm
SharksGM wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:58 pm Serves me right for not sorting out playoff suspension rules. 2 games for knocking out a guy for 40 days (potentially three series) is weak sauce.
That thought did occur to me, though a brief glance at the lineups suggested the trade-off might benefit you this series (1st pairing defenceman for 4th line forward), albeit only for the next two games.
Well, he was 5th in goals and 6th/8th in forward/skater points despite being 10th in forward IT/G, so I'd say Beck's at least a 3rd liner. He was just playing down to avoid having my 4th line get caved in as they usually do.

Ironically, one of the first test sims I did, one of my forwards knocked out Quincey indefinitely. That could have been you, Nicklas Backstrom!

Return to “2020-21 EHEC Playoffs”