December 17, 2020

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

December 17, 2020

Post by SharksGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

An evening of tight games is spoiled only by the Caps' Varlamov shutting out the Avs 3-0 (sorry) - no other game had a spread of more than 2 goals.

The Leafs' victory is spoiled by (and partly because of) another Canucks' defenseman going on a rampage; this time it's Mitchell Wheaton earning an 8 game suspension for knocking out Patrik Laine for 4 months (ouch). The Islanders also lost Patrick McNally for a month thanks to the Jets' Alex Pietrangelo (2 games), mostly leading to a collective shrug.

Also the Nuge got a goal in his return to San Jose but was outshone by noted playmaker Chet Pickard's two assists.
NYRNYRNYR

Re: December 17, 2020

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

2-2 with Nash's suspension ending (yay!) Laine out 4 months sucks for the league, let alone TOR bc the guys a joy to watch.

I did some extra simming on my end and messed around with lines and strats to get to the current incarnation. Here's hoping Nash AND MDC can play in the same game for an extended period. :lol: :D
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Barkov with 4 points. Pickard played well for once. Sanderson had a solid EHEC debut. Not bad after forgetting to update my lines, but still a pretty positive result!!

FUCK
Arizona - interim

Post by Arizona - interim »

Pietrangelo plays for Arizona, not Winnipeg
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

Arizona - interim wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:42 am Pietrangelo plays for Arizona, not Winnipeg
Or does he...... Mystery trade in the works???
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 am Or does he...... Mystery trade in the works???
I mean, he did for a long time, so the evidence is worth considering.
Arizona - interim wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:42 am Pietrangelo plays for Arizona, not Winnipeg
The league has reviewed the circumstances of Alex Pietrangelo's suspension and have decided to reverse their initial decision, based on the evidence that he didn't do it, and was in fact playing in a completely different game at the time.

Instead, the league has decided to suspend Alex Formenton, on the basis that he did it, and is guilty. Don't go fomenting revolution on me now.
Arizona - interim

Post by Arizona - interim »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:45 am
NYRNYRNYR wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 am Or does he...... Mystery trade in the works???
I mean, he did for a long time, so the evidence is worth considering.
The league has reviewed the circumstances of Alex Pietrangelo's suspension and have decided to reverse their initial decision, based on the evidence that he didn't do it, and was in fact playing in a completely different game at the time.

Instead, the league has decided to suspend Alex Formenton, on the basis that he did it, and is guilty. Don't go fomenting revolution on me now.
The Coyotes organization appreciates the league's efforts to rectify this issue.
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

As a lawyer in the american criminal justice system, you have no idea how many times this exact scenario presents itself and the court/law enforcement in fact, do not do this, and instead would make Alex Pietrangelo "plead guilty to some minor offense with community service" :lol: :lol: :lol:
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

NYRNYRNYR wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 pm

As a lawyer in the american criminal justice system, you have no idea how many times this exact scenario presents itself and the court/law enforcement in fact, do not do this, and instead would make Alex Pietrangelo "plead guilty to some minor offense with community service" :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you're saying that I should still give Pietrangelo a game to be fair? Interesting ...
NYRNYRNYR

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

SharksGM wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:14 pm
NYRNYRNYR wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 pm

So you're saying that I should still give Pietrangelo a game to be fair? Interesting ...
Not only that - to "earn" only 1 game instead of 2, he should have to, under oath, apologize for the wrong that he committed. Otherwise he can risk a hearing or trial, and additional suspension time :D
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

One goal in the last three games. The suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “2020-2021 EHEC Regular Season”