May 1, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

May 1, 2021

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Feels like ages since I did a sim, and yet deja vu for me with a pair of 4-3 games.

First up, The Sharks managed goals 10min into the first, 12min into the second, and 12min into the third to take a 3-0 lead with under 8min remaining. Chicago would get one back just before the 44min mark, as well as another at 57 and another at 59.... but Kesler got the winner at 49, so it was tense, but maybe not as tense as I'm making it seem.

*However*, Luke Ripley got 5min for attempt to injure with just 39 seconds left in the game, leaving San Jose without Vladimir Tarasenko for a couple of months. This is, of course, the second time that I have simmed an injury to a Shark in the playoffs and I think last time the suspension was also 4 games? So, uh, sorry Dan. :\

The second game will cause a shock, so make sure you're sitting down for this one...

...are you ready?

Dallas scored TWO goals on the powerplay!!! o.O
This one was back and forth, Edmonton opening the scoring, Dallas getting two to take the lead, Edmonton tying at 2, Dallas going ahead, Edmonton tying it with under 5min left in the third, and finally Mike Cammalleri winning it for Dallas 1:32 into OT, on the powerplay.

Both series are now tied at 1-1, so we're guaranteed at least 5 games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, and Finland beat Russia 6-3 to win the Worlds.
Bernyhawks

Re: May 1, 2021

Post by Bernyhawks »

Atta boy Ripley!! :twisted:
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: May 1, 2021

Post by SharksGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 am Atta boy Ripley!! :twisted:
Suspend this man.

Well no problem, the Sharks have plenty of depth. I can promote a guy like Taylor Be... FUCK.

Also keep in mind that 2011-12 was the last time the Sharks' star Russian winger was injured for the playoffs.

Return to “2020-21 EHEC Playoffs”