May 7, 2021

Moderator: SharksGM

DetroitGM

May 7, 2021

Post by DetroitGM »

Homepage, Schedule & Results, League Save File

Almost forgot I was simming tonight, good thing the playoffs are simple.

San Jose, facing elimination, gets off to an early start, Getzlaf scoring 1:14 into the game, while Cuma and Getzlaf again trade goals halfway through the period. Only one goal in the second, with Carter's 7th giving San Jose a 3-1 lead.
The teams then pour on the offense for a few minutes in the third, Cernak making it 4-1 at 42:39, Vanek 4-2 at 44:39, Kopitar 5-2 at 46:42, and Muir's 7th making it 5-3 at 47:55. Kesler ices things with just under 3min to go and San Jose lives to fight another day.

In the late game, as I've decided to call it, Dallas gets an even faster start than San Jose, scoring 0:33 in. Much like the other game, this is followed by a goal each way, so the period ends 2-1 Dallas. The similarities continue in the second with just one goal, but this time Stafford's 6th ties things up at 2-2. Stafford then scores his 7th in the third to make it 3-2 Edmonton, but *powerplay goal klaxon* Burakowsky ties it at 3-3.
Finally, with just under 6min remaining, Daniel Sprong's 9th goal gives Dallas the win and the series' lead, the first time a team has won two straight in the series.
Dallas Stars GM

Re: May 7, 2021

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Let's do it boys #sprongstrong
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Come on boyssss!!

Love the battle Dan if you still had Tarasenko I don’t think I would stand a chance
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bernyhawks wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:25 pm Come on boyssss!!

Love the battle Dan if you still had Tarasenko I don’t think I would stand a chance
You won the conference by 10+ points!

Big shout out to Greg "0 regular season points" McKegg and Chet "inevitable regression to the mean" Pickard. Just one home win and we're set up for an epic flame out in game 7 just like last season, or maybe even a shot at getting blown away by the Habs in the finals.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Oh, I should add:

It was a 6-3 game with all even-strength goals. Jeff Carter was -2. Jeff Carter had a goal and two assists. Assuming he was on the ice for his own goal, he must have been on for all three Hawks goals, and off the ice for both of his assists. Similarly, Kakko assisted on Carter's goal and was still -2. So both of Getzlaf's goals were set up by one of Carter/Kakko passing it to the guy playing the same position on the next line (Koivu/Getzlaf, respectively). EHM is weird, man. You could have 100 5v5 assists and never get a plus.

(This isn't the first time I've noticed this by any means, but it's not that often that it happens twice in one game,and in a way that you can tell unambiguously who did what).

Return to “2020-21 EHEC Playoffs”